Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Urantia Book note

Below is a post I made on a forum that was in a thread about The Urantia Book (about which I have much knowledge and experience)..... Just sharing it here as well, fwiw.  God blesses you daily!
----------------------------------------
The UB is not channeled.  It was created/funded by John H. Kellog (yes, the cereal guy).  It is ultimately a ploy and had/has the purpose of creating a one world government.

I've read the UB many times (back in the day) and was instrumental in turning it on to some individuals who ended up becoming key leaders in the early days of the "Teaching Mission" (which was/IS a "channeling" operation).

Always a seeker, I kept investigating and came to learn about the many plagiarized passages in the UB and the history and influence of Kellog in its creation.  disillusionment set in and I then tried to warn those I had originally inspired to its cause (which is wholly un-Biblical).

Sadly, my warnings went unheeded.  And a family member (one of the ones that got involved heavily in the "channeling" sessions of "The Teaching Mission" . . . well . . . they became possessed.  I witnessed it.  I tried to intervene and rescue them, but they were too far gone . . . and eventually blew the brains out with a shotgun.

I know many well-intentioned and genuinely-seeking people are believers in the UB.  I will not disparage their sincerity, as I once too was a believer and proponent of it.

Investigate and always keep seeking, cleaving to the Truth above all.  Learn about the plagiarisms--about Kellog, and the dangers of channeling.  I was there.  I saw it up close and personal.  Some lovely people are involved in the movement.  But there is a dark side to it, from the beginning.  Deception and lies (even when--ESPECIALLY WHEN) done with "good intent" . . . are a foundation built on sand . . . and ultimately of the father of lies. [“I could have accumulated a fortune," Kellogg once told a reporter, “but what is money for except to make the whole world better, to help people have a better life?”]

The road to hell is paved with_______________!

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2005

MySpace Tracker