Just a little aside. . . .
So, I take the ol' dogs out for a walk, usually around 10 to 10:00pm, when it's quiet and dark. They like their routines, and so, afterwards, when home, they go for a big drink of water, then we go out into the backyard for a bit to settle back down, listen to the night, casually look at the stars or clouds, cooling off.
A week or so ago, after putting up their leashes and about to head out back . . . I got the inkling to grab the binoculars sitting on the coat rack shelf, just to take a gander at the stars, moon, maybe see some satellites or weird UAP/UFO activity etc., in more detail.
When I sat down and held them up to scan the night sky, I happened to start toward a northwest, near straight above direction. Immediately, first place I focused on, there was a rapidly moving white light. It was fainter than the stars and wouldn't have been noticed with the naked eye, but it was definitely there and moving from north to south, and fast and flitting. Odd flight pattern. Satellites, which I've seen since a child, go straight and relatively slow, trackable by eye.
This thing flew like a moth. It seemed to skip and jump, disappear for a moment, then reappear . . . and it wasn't easy to keep it in frame, as it was moving so fast. There was no sound.
I followed it until it disappeared far to my left end of vision, having spurted and darted from the initial northwest to southwest direction.
It was unusual. I supposed it could have been a drone of some sort, though it had to have been a fairly large one, as it was up at the height of the planes that also were visibly traversing here and there in the sky.
I was mostly struck by the fact that I hadn't felt prompted to pick up the binoc's to look at the night sky since . . . well . . . perhaps a year or more ago?
Anyway, a few days later, on another night after walking Bruce and Dude, we came home, did the water bowl thirsty slurping routine, and I was again prompted to nab the binoculars--now kinda curious if I'd see something like that again.
And again, the moment I sat down on the old metal garden chairs in back, putting the scopes to my eyes, the first place I looked (same area as before) IMMEDIATELY I saw the same flitting, faint light, cruising fast, jumping, disappearing for a fraction of a second, reappearing, going from that initial starting point NW to SW across the star-filled black dome. Only this time I lost track of it a little sooner than before.
Several days later, although I had continued to walk that dogs roughly around the same time, though not exactly, I yet again got the thought to try it again. Surely, if, when I sat down and promptly put the binocs to my eyes and looked in that generally same direction I wouldn't see that thing again? Right? I mean, now the odds of a perfect repeat were slim at best. It's a big sky, lots of lights and planes and scattered clouds. What are the odds, that the third time out of three times being "prompted" to grab the spectacles should I happen to see the exact same light, in the same starting place, doing it's thing yet again.
Well, yep, there it was, immediately. It almost felt as though it activated the moment I looked at it's previous starting location. As if, it were just waiting for me to look. Weird.
This time, it's trajectory was even shorter, however, and it disappeared about half-way along it's (now) usual route. And I mean "disappeared". I was following it handily, and it just went "poof".
Again, it flew in its moth-like flying pattern, skipping, jumping, fast, kind of seemingly reckless . . . fainter than the brighter stars above it. No sound, ghostly looking whiteness. . . .
Not sure what to think of it. The strangest part was simply the off-hand prompting and that every time there was that prompting, there it was, as if it were just waiting to be launched by the observation.
I didn't feel anything particular nefarious about it, but neither anything beneficent. I would say there was perhaps a mischievous sense, feeling about it. And, I dare say, it felt like it was . . . hmmm . . . aware of? Responding? Prompting? Me. . . ? I'm not delving into imagination, just reporting some of my baseline senses regarding the phenomenon.
I haven't looked since. The last observation was a few nights ago. But it WAS a 3 for 3 prompting and success, whatever that might mean, if anything. Which I find notable in a fashion.
Just odd. Not big news. Only sharing because it was quite unusual in the precision of the manifestation. Like I say, it could simply be a drone of some sort. It was more the prompting at different times that resulting in instant "results".
No comments:
Post a Comment