Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Encounters With Jesus (pt.1)

 [Well... I started this (see below) . . . and it looks like it will take 1-3 parts to finish, but I am determined to get through the reminiscence--get it into words.  For there is nothing more important or tender to my heart than the handful--so far--of visitations I have experienced, and been graced by . . . from The Lord in Person.  And especially now, lately, "in these times" as they say, the compulsion to share is pressing. So, here is an initial introductory rough draft, part 1.  Just sharing, hoping it may be edifying for another, as it has been for me.  They are small encounters, brief in a way, yet, I find as I've described and shared it with my wife, for instance, I realize could write a book about each, extrapolating about the nuances and spiritual import of the several events.  For one sliver, one shred of His Light coming from even a single experience/encounter with His literal Presence is enough to last a mortal lifetime.  So, for now at least, amidst the raging ongoing and intensifying war, some quick words via a "blog post" must suffice, God willing.  And I'm continuing to pray for and implore and am grateful for any more to follow, God granted.  And, His Word, regardless of this, does suffice!]

----------------------------------------------------------

While it is still fresh in my memory--it was just the other night. . . . Jesus, The Lord showed Himself to me.  I have had a couple other encounters like this.  Just a couple--each profound beyond words and measure, and such was this one.  

This one was unique and special, as were the others, in their own way.  HE is so multi-dimensional, so unfathomable, yet, always so personal, every time. . . .

Well, and these personal appearances have been few and far between.  BUT, that does not mean that I haven't constantly been engaged by and with and through The Father and, of course, The Holy Spirit.

Their ministrations are unique, as I have experienced it.  The Holy Spirit runs through all, while The Father holds court as ultimate King and anchor, above and beyond, Holy.  Yet, They ARE ONE, and so, trying with mortal words to delineate the personal experience of Each, must and does fail words; but the impetus to share and witness is compelling . . . and The Spirit Of Truth will testify and witness to Children of God, Believers--those of and in Faith, I humbly submit.

BUT, I don't want to find myself getting too verbose attempting to sidetrack into the gloriously distinguishing characteristics of each of the Trinity Godhead.

I just want to quick share my vision--dare I say--visitation (albeit slight) of Lord Jesus last night.

First, I must say, I don't suggest such a thing lightly.  I freely admit, and am grateful, having two blatant visitations of the sort, where He comes in bodily form.  This does not negate or marginalize the many and ongoing and ubiquitous experiences of Him and His Spirit and The Presence of The Father many times through the years of seeking, searching, "hearing"-from, "seeing" in the (yet very real, but more subtle) mental/spiritual/emotional receptions of His will and communication.

I am HERE talking about a more nuanced communication and experience, where HE comes "bodily" and more viscerally and personally present. . . .

I'll briefly recall and mention the two profound earlier ones (the first about 22 years ago, the 2nd about 19 years ago).  Well, and this latest one I take great solace in, because I have actually been asking for something of this sort for the past few months.  Yes, I've craved and have been asking for a personal visit/vision in these trying times.  And I must say, this is something I would never lie about or concoct or self-deceive about.  The stakes are too high and I respect and honor even A SHRED--A SLIVER of His more visceral presence, more than any kind of petty imagination or self-delusion to pawn off some tawdry self-serving experience. No way! 

Now, as eluded to, I have many supernatural and spiritual experiences since a child.  I believe God has been guiding or watching, protecting etc., all the way.  Some of such spiritual experiences have obviously been from the other side--from the one who is always harassing, prowling, mis-directing and trying to steal souls, such as I know, and scripture confirms, we ALL experience. 

But there are particular visions, meetings where it is simply The Lord, Jesus, our friend and intercessor, Who arrives and takes a moment to show up.  And ONE MINUTE or even "seconds" of "time" with Him . . . is enough to serve a lifetime of continued belief and faith!. . . .

[ to be continued....]


 

1 comment:

Roger said...

Greetings Bro. T.

WOW. I thank the Lord for those writing gifts He's given you. Oh, so much too!
All to be able to convey and share your experiences with all of us that come here!
To be actually visited by Him is amazing! Personally, I have no idea the elation,
emotions and level of wonderment these must be for you? Or, for anyone?
Most non-believers would simply scoff at this. However, even the first time I heard
you online with Zeph, I knew in my heart you were (are) the real McCoy!
Since, I've had my fair share of supernatural/spiritual/obe(s), my faith is strong.
It's been those protecting interventions by the Lord/Spirit/Angels which have been
a true confirmation that the Lord loves us and has a very important mission for us
to fulfill. (Albeit, that mission might not be earth-shattering or obvious but still
important from a spiritual standpoint). I started getting real serious about studying
His Word and being grateful for His salvation/portions/protection(s)/etc after my
various close calls. We simply can't be whisked away like Enoch/Elijah/Ezra. We are
now here at this time and place(s) by and for Him. We don't know why, but someday,
we will know. It's all about the Lord's timing and purpose. It's pretty cool once
one understands this fact and becomes patient, can wait for Him and be at rest and
peace. Knowing that He's got everything under His control.
I am truly looking forward to your new postings about your experiences!

Peace, love and the Lord's favor,
Roger

Brother Thomas ©2005

MySpace Tracker