Monday, August 29, 2022

While Still Can....

Hello Smalls, nice to hear from you!:) .... Addressing your thoughts in comments . . . you said: "Last time I commented I had a problem with your assertion that belief is an act of will (and paradoxically not of ourselves as well)" . . . . 

I don't recall saying that in those terms exactly, but if I did, I can understand why.  THIS subject--this angle re salvation, free-will versus election IS probably THE most fascinating aspect of Spiritual experience to me!  I've been amazed and fascinated and curious about it . . . literally, since a child.

"Oneness and Difference" . . . "Sameness and Difference"   .... "Achintya-bedhabeha-tattva"......

God does not leave peoples bereft of knowledge.  THE WORD is THE WORD and THE BOTTOM LINE.

Yet, know and appreciate . . . that He (The Holy Spirit) does not leave peoples far and wide . . . neglected.

The Spirit speaks always to all those who are designed and chosen to Hear, whether in the Steppes, in the far-flung Nordic cold mountains . . . nor among the many peoples scattered about the islands, "South America", "Indians" . . . Africa . . . EVERYWHERE He will speak and carry and hold His Own.

We have The Word, and regarding "sameness and difference" . . . "free-will" v. "election"--all saints have seen and known it to be true --I believe--and is one of the greatest unfathomable mysteries of God's design!  

Yes, I quoted some Hindu "scripture", but I dare say, don't doubt that God has been involved with all peoples, at all times, all through the ages, whether they had the literal Word Of God or not. . . .

Smalls.... Since you addressed it . . . I'll say that THIS--for me, at least, in my spiritual journey, and most, if not all of the saints that I've read and studied--IS probably THE most stunning and profound thing to possibly comprehend.  

And I don't think we ever will.  WHICH IS FANTASTIC! ....  There will be no end to experiencing individuality amidst God's sovereign majesty . . . throughout ETERNITY!

It will be un-ending GOOD mystery!  Unending surprises . . . and never ever NOT "blown-away" by WHO and What HE is!.... FOREVER!!!! 

-------------------

It's been a couple of days since I started this writing. . . . I haven't checked my grammar . . . but just want to get it out:) while still can..... 

 


No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2005

MySpace Tracker