Monday, December 14, 2020

Future Semaphoring

Semaphore . . . . 

Communications.... Will be a thing.

Just a heads up. 

Cuuuzzzz.... when things go dark . . . ya still going to want to stay in touch and be able to communicate.... (with yer neighbors, so-to-speak).....

Yeah . . . I get "downloads" . . . . Still.... 

Anyway....  yeah . . . have found myself reading lots of Napoleon / French Revolution era old books that I have ( I love reading history).... aaaaannnddddd... Well "telegraph semaphore" came up re NB communicating with his ships that were leading (Brit hero) Nelson away out into the waters, to the West Indies . . . .

So, I'm imagining they were using light houses . . . and flags (and I suspect some other tech that we think they didn't have then, but they actually did...)

Just thinking . . . SEMAPHORE may be a way to communicate.... not straightaway . . . but in the future, it's something to learn and take note of..... As if there is no internet, phone etc,. service.  As usual, I am thinking way ahead of the current moment . . . but, for those who are still kicking around after this upcoming bout of chaos, someone . . . ought learn the art of semaphore......with your family and friends, especially neighbors... No rush.... We got some time .... not a lot... but old school skills gonna be handy:)


No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2005

MySpace Tracker