Monday, December 9, 2019

Music/Culture-World Update (personal)

My experience/experiment foraying back into the "music scene" has been interesting, stimulating and, as expected--though not hoped for--typically frustrating.  On the most important side, I've had not a few intense and fruitful chances to reveal my faith--have discussions, offer testimony etc., in places and with (mostly young) people where it is rarely dared to be presented. 

Somewhat surprisingly, a good portion of the young musicians I've come to know and interact with (millennials for the most part) are NOT completely brainwashed nor buying the current "SJW" ubiquitous cultural narrative.  Many are quite aware of the various conspiracies and lies that have been foisted on us through past and recent history.  I found I was nearly always able to bring up issues and point out ("politically incorrect") truths without "triggering" anyone, without being shouted down, shunned, black-balled etc.  Many of them--at least the (mostly) musicians and fans I've been involved with, are quite open-minded and not so viciously dogmatic as is typically portrayed in the media.  And, as mentioned, most critically, I, along with my wife who came to all the shows, were on a several occasions able to get into some deep, religious/spiritual conversations.  At a bar! At a music club!  That was my hope. [sidenote: the only person who has "stiffed" me re getting paid for a gig, out of probably close to a 100 shows I've done the past 3 years, is a "trans" who is constantly bitc*ing and carrying on on social media about being treated unjustly by others.]

Also, my own new music that I've created and has gotten some exposure locally and globally a bit, is filled with messages, pointers, depictions, revelations etc., about the nature and importance of the spiritual battle--albeit dressed in poetic/artistic language.  [SEE BELOW, ie., some lyrics of mine along such lines from my recent songs.]

The expected, always frustrating part, is how controlled the music "business" is.  And especially now.  It is virtually impossible to make any money selling music anymore, unless you are (sold out) and connected to the beast industry.  It doesn't help being a straight, older, white dude haha! There are ways to pull it off, but it takes some $ backing and/or lots of spare time.  I haven't given up.  I CAN'T not keep creating regardless, whether it gets out there or not.  I've always been writing, and when able, recording my songs, since about age 7!

I've had to take a bit of a break (unfortunately!--as I do drastically love performing live and recording! It energizes my whole life!). . . . But it's all relatively costly to maintain in a small music market, such as Salt Lake City.  [Ie., if I were able to play in the UK and parts of Europe, I would be "crushing"--be able to make an actual living at music--many over there have told me and I don't doubt it.]  Most (not all) shows here, I am only able to make enough to get the band paid (who I always pay before myself).  And I simply don't have enough time and/or $ that it takes to promote my songs online, which you have to do to ever get any kind of return there.

Nevertheless, I forge on, still intent on trying to interject some LOGOS-based art and music BACK into this decadent, dark culture, not wanting to leave the battlefield SOLELY to The Enemy!

To that end, should anyone like to help, I have started a very modest Gofundme campaign to at least get one new song recorded toward (hopefully) a new Ep release in the spring.  That link is here:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/saving-real-music-saving-rnr-soul-folk?pc=fb_co_campmgmt_w&rcid=r01-15734120866-c55396f71b594ea5&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_campmgmt_w&fbclid=IwAR2wnGVYv8NTGiwNQd2QonFfly8ToDM2hLkeXtkNVRwiwp5iRCx9QOv5eZE

In other news, I still hope to get some sort of streaming show/podcast going, which will be quite unique and multifaceted (again, ye ol' time and money would say otherwise, grrrr).  And I hope to have some new material re the "memoir" series.  I'm doing some research into some family history that I think is interesting (I find family history fascinating, always have--and well, history in general I love--reading Plutarch AGAIN currently among other things).

Take care, stay faithful, press on and God bless!

-----------------------------------------------------------

TRIALS OF THE DEMISPHERE

(Words/Music: Tom Larsen)

Oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh
oooh oooh oooh oooh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Strangeland strangers grieving
Quicksand meme believing
Vessels of wrath seething
Not my home I'm leaving

Day I landed I looked around
Saw monster puppets with lying sound
Vipers leading who rule by fear, it was the
Trials of the Demisphere

Swirling divas with nightmare's bold
Tried to kill me before I'm old
Run for cover and keeping clear, it was the
Trials of the Demisphere

Oh yeah
Oh yeah

Trauma-based mind-wash is in control
Spiritual circuit is blasted whole
Conscience-sensing is what they sear, it was the
Trials of the Demisphere

Borders crashing release the hounds
Durga rising in all the towns
Walk right through it my Ghost is here, it was the
Trials of the Demisphere

Oooh oooh oooh oooh
Oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh
oooh oooh oooh oh oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHHH

(Words-Music: Tom Larsen)

I saw you walking up the street the other day
Terror on your face, aimed at me I'd say
Lasers on your shoulders, something I must've said
Speaking out of program
It's vapors for the dead
Shhh--fragile eyes meet the blades of light
Shhh--children huddle at the awful sight

I remember strolling free and un-allowed
I remember feeling joy and grace among the crowd
Then Agent Manners flipped a wig shrieking,
"I'm the boss and you're a pig"
Simon say don't but when I say do
I've got a straight-jacket brain and a heart in the loo

I got your message, it was silence in the cold
Apparently you've not met a man who isn't rolled
Yes I've got compassion and I suffer fools
But I'm freaking bored with fascist mental rules
Shhh--tender ears meet the sound of life
Shhh--bullies hide in the justice strife

Forty-million warriors crest upon the hill
Crying like wounded banshees mad enough to kill
Waiting for their leader, voices in the head
But now they all fall down
'Cause of something someone said
Shhh--now they're marching straight off the cliff
Shhh--please don't tell them about this riff....

--My newest songs can be heard here: https://thevistanauts.bandcamp.com/album/apollo-down

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2005

MySpace Tracker