Well . . . and I don't know if it's a real . . . an honest account of things--because, in general I'm finding most are liars, grifters, narcissist's who do not realize the stakes.............--is fuzzy to assuage. . . . .
..... However, an interesting quick conversation (that I had trying to deal with getting my work truck back in order ....so that I can just keep working, working, working ......)
Turns out the dudes were from Russia and Serbia. I happen to know some Russian language, so it is fun to test out what I can remember of basic Russian language.
Talking to the Russian refugee mechanic . . . (and, of course, I can't verify this from personal observation) I like to glean knowledge of current affairs from people who come from somewhere other than my hometown . . . he kinda pulled me aside and said he had been to Ukraine, recently . . . he is from Russia . . . AND that what is shown on the t.v. "news" is fake. He actually said to me that nothing of what "we" are seeing . . . is actually happening. Ie., the devastating bombings, warfare, et al. . . .
Hey. I'm just relating a quick conversation. . . . He (and his Serbian companion also working in the car mechanic shed) in broken English, told me that he had been in Kiev fairly recently . . . and nothing was going on. It seemed, (in broken English, with a bit o' Russian) that he was saying we (in this "western" media realm) were being presented with a fabricated narrative, images etc. . . .
I'm not agreeing with what he said. I, of course, don't know. I'm just reporting some casual conversation . . . that I had with a couple of fairly recent migrated dudes who, from (ie., Russia/Serbia places) said what they saw and knew, regarding the Russia/Ukraine war.
They, he was glad to be here (U.S.) where he could make some money, be comparatively safe . . . . . . .
Just reporting.
1 comment:
I have suspected this, but like you I am not 100%. We live in such a high tech world with millions of camera's but war footage coming from the Russia Ukraine war is very light on the ground to say the least. Many of the video's look like computer games. We had 100 times more footage 50 years ago from the Vietnam war and not to mention WW2. Heck, I think we might have more footage from WW1 than we do from this war. It is a very interesting encounter you had. I am also noticing the complete lack of war footage from the Iran conflict. Not all the missile stuff, but real boots on the ground up close reporting of the supposed strikes. I suspect we are being mislead as per usual and it is all WWE!
God Speed!
Steven.
PS I lost access to my email so I cannot access patreon. If you could link in a future post? Maybe new readers might want to join also? Thanks!
Post a Comment