So, the Greek word "tekton" (sounds like a video game lol!) . . . is the term used in the Bible to describe what Jesus' working profession was. English translators quickly and simply described this as "carpenter".
And that became lore.
Turns out, "tekton" means "craftsman", "builder", "artisan" . . . also "architect" could easily be included.
And most of buildings of the time were made of quarried stone, with SOME, but not a lot of wood because trees in abundance were not a thing in Israel in the time of Christ.
YES, indeed, He would have also done carpentry work. BUT, he was overall a master stone-worker and general design and construction artist, designer, craftsman . . . an artist, hard-working chiseler of stone. JUST as you might imagine GOD Himself might be, if He were to come in the flesh, in human form, to work and live, as a human, amongst His creatures, especially mankind.
One of my favorite wishes re the afterlife . . . is if there the possibility to look at all the events of history. As in, among other things, for Godly entertainment, we can, when we want . . . go the "the movies" . . . and be able (assuming we retain memories of mortal life) look back on purported historical events.
TOP among that, OF COURSE!, would be being able to see and watch The Lord's whole life from birth onwards, especially (since there is little written of it) his life growing up as a toddler, young boy, teenager and young man working, making a living, working in the trades; meanwhile, while His calling and Mission was starting to come in to real play! HOW FASCINATING AND WONDEROUS WOULD THAT BE TO BE ABLE TO WATCH in the real, timeless time of glorified eternity!!!
I personally have an inkling this may actually be something to look forward to and will be available (among the many other treasures of Heaven.)
3 comments:
I have these thoughts often and I thought I was alone. I always wonder if God will show us the whole History here, like "movies" as you say. It constantly fascinates me. I know what we have been told is all lies so it is just thirst for the truth. As Napoleon said, History is the lie that everyone has agreed upon.
God Speed
Steven
I would also love to be able to watch and listen to every day of Jesus Christ’s life from a baby to all his preaching. I can’t even begin to imagine how intelligent he was as a child from a young age. Can you imagine the comments and the questions he asked all the adults of that time and how amazed they were at how bright he was? I bet he was the most precious child you could ever imagine and probably the most well behaved and thoughtful. What an amazing idea that you conceived Brother Thomas! On a side note, after now reading the Bible from beginning to the end multiple times I find it fascinating that a lot of our holy brethren had a great sense of humor that you can infer by really studying the scriptures. One example would be Daniel basically laughing at the king when they were discussing Dagon’s legitimacy as a “real” god based on the offerings disappearing every day the day after they were offered up by the pagan priests. I also see that sense of humor and ultimately kind of a frustration in Christ based on how he reacts and responds to a lot of the people that question him. It almost is like he is constantly saying: “don’t you get it?” I don’t know if the intent is humor or frustration but I find myself thinking the same way as Christ by relating it to my own life when people don’t understand things that in my opinion are self evident.
There is a Heavenly library where you can go and study probably all of the places where there is something to study, and it is not like reading and imagining, it is like being. However in Heaven you will have Himself. You can ask him. You can have his eyes upon you when you hear of it. Real and present, and in front of you. I don't know how anyone stops hugging him. ~C
Post a Comment