Monday, April 3, 2023

The Crossroad. Which Way Did/Do You Go?

 I recall the day, the moment when I found myself at "the crossroads".  I was about 13-14 yrs old.  I had just created, played a song on my grandparents old mormon piano in the front room.  Nobody was home.  I use to write songs on their piano when everyone was away--some of my best work, I dare say. . . .

 I still have a cassette tape I made of that song. . . .

Anyway . . . at that moment, at that empty, haunted home, up on the mountain, with the view of Salt Lake City valley . . . I realized that I had just written, created a sort of masterpiece.  I saw the potential future.  This was a moment . . . I found myself at "the crossroads".  

I pulled off the piano bench afterwords and sat down on the funky, quaint couch . . . alone . . . in that big old house up on the mountain.  I sat on the couch . . . thinking, Seeing 2 different futures. . . . 

It was literally like . . . a demon on one "shoulder" . . . and an angel on the other.  The "crossroads"!

I was told in spirit . . . that if I went one way . . . all would be like a golden "yellow brick road"--things would move swift and fast . . . and I would/could be a young musical prodigy . . . famous, rich, celebrity . . . etc.  THE other choice was ignominy, suffering in general, small-time. marginalized "black sheep" type life. . . .

I sat there, aware of the heavy portence. . . . 

I thought seriously about it.  I had already been searching and loving God, Truth for years . . . yes, a young little talented, bright, nice fellow neglected--LIKE SO MANY OTHERS! I already knew and was commiserating with the lost of the early "latch-key" kids. . . . . 

BUT, anyway . . . as I sat there thinking about the suddenly pressing choice--the choice of the two different ways to go re "the crossroads" . . . I, sort of sadly, but with " stiff upper lip" decided . . . that I had to go with God.       !!!!!!!

Immediately . . . the devil . . . started mocking me.  He said " you will have a rough, ignominious life!  You could have been RICH, A STAR, POWERFUL, RECOGNIZED, REGAILED!" 

The other side said--a quieter angel said, "yeah, you will be in the shadows, marginalized, unrecognized, basically a poor scrapping worker dude" BUT you will abide in Truth, in God, rarer (albeit like a neglected stone) than the obvious seduction of the way of the devil.......

------------------

I sat there . . . seeing, feeling "the crossroads" . . . considering the future . . . . . . 

BUT I had already committed, in my young heart, to Truth and to God. 

So there was really no question.  I had to take the hard way, the good way, the way of Truth!. . . .

Well, and I thank God He guided (and I dare say, designed me) to take the "hard way".  YES, it is hard in this world to avoid and reject the devil when he is offering silver paths, golden easy ways filled with "treasure" in this world.  To reject that takes GODLY design and strength, AS YOU KNOW :)!

YES . . . if you actually believe in and LOVE GOD . . . there is no choice.  You will find yourself CHOOSING THE LORD OF ALL.  

So . . . I took the path other than the one the devil was offering, and have struggled and fought and survived 'til now, grateful that I did and that HE gave me the will to do it! . . . . . . . 

I wouldn't (THANK GOD!) change that decision EVER!!!!!  BECAUSE . . . this life is short . . . and death comes to all!  

THEN you will answer for your decision regarding which way YOU took--when YOU came to "the crossroad". ! ! !  

There are little "crossroads" . . . biggish ones . . . BIG ONES . . . small ones . . . . . . . . However THERE IS ALWAYS THE CROSSROAD you will find yourself dealing with!

Let the dead bury the dead.

Angels do help and abound.

FAITH . . . BELIEF . . . TRUST . . . in GOD . . . is ALL IT IS ABOUT!

.............................................................................................................................

And . . . I dare say . . . this is one of the most genuinely SPIRITUAL corners of this realm in this time.  The least shall be first.  Many are "called" . . . FEW are chosen.  

The Word of God is a sword in this day.

God bless you, you who are here and reading these words.  

There will come a time . . . when words . . . The Word . . . will be outlawed. . . .

And I will be there . . . for as long as God wills, saying and writing, witness to/in 21st century, The Word.

Humble servants.  Martyrs. That's what we do.!



3 comments:

Gina said...

Amen Brother Thomas. My father told me when I was young that I had a evil angel on my left shoulder and a corresponding good angel on my left shoulder. These would be with me for the duration of my life on earth. Simple statements of fact from the “Old Country.” Timeless wisdom. God bless you!

Roger said...

Greetings Bro. T.

Yep. The crossroads. Just like in Led Zeppelin's song "Stairway to Heaven." There are two
paths from which to choose. Yep, choose the difficult but righteous path. It's really
amazing that at the age of 13 or 14 you already understood this. Probably 99% of us at
that age really didn't have that kind of understanding. Yes. Truth about only a few are
to be chosen. Uriel said this to Ezra in the Apocrypha too. I know a guy who really
understands the music and entertainment business and how anyone famous has likely sold
their soul to Satan. I just can't imagine how someone can do such evil acts as those kinds
of things to others just for fame, glory and money? True wickedness including their rituals.

Peace, love and the Lord's favor,
Roger

Gina said...

Woops! A good angel on my right shoulder!

Brother Thomas ©2005

MySpace Tracker