Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Remembering Our Glorious Future!

Huh.  Ta da!  Lol.

I just wrote and long and impassioned, inspired blog post about how I could use your prayers (and that you've got mine:) . . . because of how the enemy is raging and thwarting and threatening on all sides, yet how we mustn't forget the treasure--the awesome gift we've already been given and so on--my main point being how if and when we "step out" the enemy does all he can to sabotage and discourage. . . .

And I went to publish it . . . and *POOF* . . . it was gone, disappeared into the ether.  Blank page. Haha case in point!

I wrote of how the enemy seeks to crush us with fear and then resentment--the insidiousness of instilling resentment in us toward God when we are under attack and seemingly cannot make any headway. . . . I wrote of how wondrous, dire, grave, glorious this whole thing is--the awe and wonder of God . . . and how regardless of the slings and arrows we must not forget that He is sovereign, in complete charge, no accidents . . . and that He is good and glorious and purposeful regarding our own lives and purposes. . . .

I wrote of how, although He is control, yet He desires to work out our callings and missions, through prayer and sacrifice, joy, peace, love and understanding, one toward each other. . . .

I wrote of my gratitude toward you, my friends, brothers and sisters in Christ. . . .

And more. . . .

The enemy is obviously conducting a full court press offensive on all sides, deluded he might actually win his goal of separating us from the Father.  But NOTHING in this world or any other can separate us from the love and companionship of God, we who love and serve Him. . . .

And . . . how the enemy desires we should quit, hovel, hide, fear and resent, but we are called to give an answer and live lives as an example for that glorious hope that lies within us.  Do we have that hope? Is it strong, blazing, obvious to others?  Or do we live like beleaguered quitters who whimper and run and shake a fist at the Lord privately in our hearts?  That is how the enemy would have us--and especially resenting....

It came to me yesterday just how insidious resentment is--resentment toward one another and above all resentment toward God.  It is like a cancer of the soul within if it is allowed to fester and gain root. Most are unaware of the anger, resentment they carry and then project onto God and others. . . .

To cause doubt, fear, envy, greed, jealousy . . . general resentment for our lot . . . is what the enemy seeks. . . . To fear and resent God because of envy and jealousy and greed toward others and the world. . . . Which is the same as questioning God, putting Him on trial and accusing Him of lawlessness and sin--which is a horrific evil; yet it is the way of the world, pervasive.  The believer ought have none of it.  Even a little bit of it is poisonous and spreads throughout the soul, spirit and even physical body. . . .

We cannot forget the glorious future, beyond expectation and comprehension for now, but which lies in wait for us who believe and follow the Lord. . . .

Perseverance, longsuffering, joy, mercy, compassion, strength, love, hope, faith, sacrifice . . . are our traits to employ--giving an answer through our lives and expression for the real and living hope that we have in the Saviour!

Praise God and God bless you for being my friends and companions in Christ; onward to the end . . . which is only the true and blessed beginning!



4 comments:

Linda L. said...

I wish I could have seen everything you wrote originally. (Haven't blogged for awhile, but just a suggestion, when I did, I always typed and wrote it in Microsoft Word or some other word processing program and saved it first to my computer, then copied and pasted it into my blog space.) Currently am blocked in every good thing I try to do for God that I believe He wants me to do and end up just useless instead because I can't finish it. Blocked.

Linda L. said...

Whatever is going on on your blog ate my comments, too. Left me a blank space in the comments field without usual "Comments will be published after blog author approval". Wouldn't publish a blank space. I have to write them again! Original: I wish I had seen your original. (Just a suggestion for the future: I haven't blogged for awhile, but when I did, I would first type and save it to my computer in Microsoft Word then copy and paste it into my blog space for publishing.) I know I am blocked right now. Everything I have tried to do for God the past year and a half has been completely blocked. Stopped. Tried to be obedient to Him in his leading, but I can't finish anything because it gets blocked. Stopped dead. Feel like I have no purpose left in life. To the point of having health problems that interfere with my thinking now, too.

Anonymous said...

yes... the pummeling seems to be happening to many of us...:) oy! But hang in there Bro T!!!... and All Children of The King of Glory who is Mighty in Battle!!!!! Down with murphy's so called law!!!! :P Watch and Pray and SEE. Yes.... we have much to look forward to!!!! Focus, focus, FOCUS!!!!(my mantra, lately:) Love and Blessings... and Joy and Laughter! (How do we do that in this kind of environment????!!God Knows!) KH in MI

Mark said...

Pressing on to the new !

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker