Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth"


I was invited as "Major Tom" to perform at a premier local music club called Velour Live Music Gallery for their 2016 "Christmas All-Stars Special".  I was teamed up with another local musician Karl Strange (a fellow who has become a new friend and with whom I have a lot in common--both old guys, lawyers, father/family men, who walked away from music for about 25 years then recently jumped back in).....

There were 25 performers and wow, it was an incredibly talented bunch--all of them.  My son Jackson and his wife Megan also performed as his new band "LaFrantz".  A local singer Jenn Blosil who nearly won American Idol was another singer there along with Belle Jewell who is (or was?) on The Voice--the other big talent tv show.... And lots of other diverse artists.  It was a chance for me to sing about and for the Savior, which was awesome....with Karl and I doing the now classic Christmas version of "Little Drummer" where David Bowie appeared on the Bing Crosby Christmas special on tv back in 1977 (which I recall seeing at the time it aired). . . . .

Here's that funky ol' Bowie/Bing version... Heh, I went to the thrift store and got a jacket and shirt that were near exact matches to what Bowie wore though you can't tell with the reddish club lighting....Anyway, just thought I'd share this as it was a very nice event and to varying degrees actually quite honoring toward the real meaning of Christmas....


1 comment:

Mark said...

Merry Christmas and God bless

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker