Thursday, October 13, 2016

It's All Him

"It's all grace--God's grace.  You don't deserve it--CAN'T deserve it . . . there is nothing you could do to warrant it.  It all comes from God."  As I told this to a character in a dream the other night, as I said it, a sweet comfort and condition of worshipful praise flooded over me.  Utterly dependent on God's grace is where it's at.  What a relief.  It is not up to us, not about us . . . in the ultimate sense.  What is left for us is to be in a position of deep gratitude and awe, that He Is That He Is and that He is-- personal, good, perfect, loving.  And just.  His wrath is perfect, born of love and righteousness.  We cannot judge Him according to our fallen, limited, self-centered perception.  But even when we do, this too is forgiven, because of His grace and mercy.  He provided Himself as a Savior--to carry us, to reach in and begin transforming our corrupt condition, bit by bit, onward and upward even though, left to ourselves, we would never seek Him out.  He finds us where we are and guides us away from the darkness.  Surely and steadily.  And we grow in wonder at it all--that He would "save a wretch like me". . . . The reality of it . . . is astonishing and drops you to your knees.  "Thank you, thank you!" is not enough but you will say it anyway.  At the same time, you realize He understands and is patient, nurturing. . . . Like a Father--the perfect Father concerned for your welfare. . . . Praise God

2 comments:

Mark said...

Exodus33:13,16,19

13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

See the grace........God bless

Lee in TN said...

Yes! Amen BroT!

Blessings to you & the family and prayers for your musical adventures!

- Lee

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker