Friday, August 12, 2016

In His Presence

The great joy--THE greatest joy there will ever be, will be being IN THE PRESENCE of God in Heaven.  Just being in His presence will be the ultimate experience there could be.  If He lives in us, we ought be getting glimpses and a sense of this same joy even now in this world, in this life. . . .

Do we?  If not, it could be because again, who we think we are devoted to and serving . . . is not really God, but a stylized conception of Him we've made up in our own minds. . . .

If I find that I've gone long stretches without feeling the wonder, the awe, the joy of His presence in and around me, then I take it as a clue that I'm not truly focused on and living in and through Him, but have drifted into the wastelands of my own mental meanderings. . . .

I know that there have been times when I've felt His presence so strong and so visceral, that there is the sense that I could live with nothing else.  This is how, even in times of suffering or persecution, the saints and martyrs through the centuries have been able to smile, laugh, pray, praise and sing despite what it being to them and their bodies.

Living and enjoying the presence of God . . . forever . . . this is what it's all about.  Always, we should be seeking Him this way, regardless of what is happening in our day to day. . . .

1 comment:

Mark said...

When God becomes a constant one knows

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker