Thursday, July 28, 2016

He Blows My Mind

I've mentioned before . . . how it astounds me that there is anything instead of nothing.  Then, even further . . . that there is God--there is a God at the center of it all . . . and that He is good.  This also boggles my mind--that this is just the way it is. 

Now, the allure for me to once, when I was young, lean to pantheism . . . is that, once accepting and knowing that there is indeed God . . . it made sense to me that all there is IS God.  This is pantheism.  He is separate AND He is also everything.  There is ONLY God.  This made sense to my mind.

But what I find most baffling of all . . . is that (according to God's Word) He IS not everything.  He SUSTAINS everything, but He is not the same as everything.  He is "other".  I could understand the (Eastern) notion that we are all part of God--just points,sparks of God that somehow forgot our divinity . . . or, as it is also described . . . we are experiencing God's "leela" or "play" where He forgets Himself . . . then progresses back (either over a long time or suddenly) to remembering Himself . . . all as a mode of something like divine play. . . .

BUT what I love, and find so utterly fascinating instead, is the Christian revelation of God . . . and His creatures.  His creatures are NOT Him.  They are OTHER than Him.  Yet they can indeed be "one" with Him and conform to His image perfectly one day. . . . Yet, they (we) will NEVER BE God.  Godlike, perhaps, yes, as He ordains it.  But never equal.  Not in the past, not in the future.

How He creates something other than Himself at all . . . blows me away.  I can see if was that He creates out of Himself . . . more of Himself, in different forms and "densities" (so-to-speak) . . . different modes/levels of consciousness (like most Eastern philosophy teaches).  This I can imagine and see as plausible.  But that He somehow makes a creation that is other than Himself, yet He is the causeless cause . . . and that He makes creatures who are separate than Himself and can even be separated forever from Himself--well, this bedazzles my mind.  I find it astounding, wondrous, incredible. . . .

I also find that this understanding of how things are (as depicted by Him in His communication to us) redounds to me feeling more worshipful toward Him, more in awe, more submitted, more humbled . . . and grateful.  He blows my mind; and I expect He will forever, yet I will always be full and satisfied in eternity.  This is a heavenly wonder. . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too wander into this mind blowing thought process. The only sad thing is I cant hold onto it...Too much scrimping and scraping to get by, but these words are wonderful to put us... THERE again.


Praying for your pursuits and work.

Mark said...

We are little g's created for his amusement.A dad and his kids

Mark said...

Oh,on that rock/stone the second symbol in the midevil furthark is known as the Ansuz rune and it represents gods and goddesses....."little g's",and also represents the devine sorce within human beings.

We're all chip's off the old rock!......Lol,Ha,ha,ha,

Anonymous said...

Amen.

JC

Daughter of the King said...

His ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts. Any true encounter with God must, by definition, blow our minds. Thanks Bro T.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker