Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Showtime, Prayers Welcome...Ayeeee...

It's the beginning tonight of the big week.  I'm kinda blown away by how much there has been to do.  How much it has taken in time and money--oy, it's been nuts, but fun . . . scary, exciting, intense, semi-frantic.  A million and one little (and big) things to do and get and make and practice. . . .  Last night was late night working on the banner in the garage.  It's about half done, yikes . . . and needs to be well ready for the debut show of my band this Thursday night.  Tonight me and my guitarist are doing a small acoustic set at the venue for open mic night to promote the show Thursday.  Final rehearsal is tomorrow night.  My millennial bandmate  is giving me a panic--seems to think you can just wish your way being ready to perform and not really have to do the work.  As in he's flakey and doesn't show up to practice or communicate properly; although that seems to be all the rage now. HARDLY ANYONE communicates anymore!  What the heck is going on?  It's gotten bizarre.  We've got more ways to respond than ever: text, email, instant message, phone call, etc., and yet . . . lately, no matter how important the thing is, no matter how much I need a quick, simple answer on something or to stay in communication with someone over a project or task that we both have agreed to do . . . people are just disappearing!  They don't respond.  They WON'T respond! 

For instance, I've had now 3 different guys wholeheartedly commit to me to help shoot the all important video of the show Thursday night--going back weeks I was trying to line someone up.  Got commitments . . . and then . . . when I wanted to start pre-planning, going over details of the shoot--DISAPPEARING ACT!  Just gone.  Poof!  I send polite emails, "hello? where'd ya go?". . . . Nothing.

2, 3, 4, 5 emails, texts, all genteelly imploring, wondering just wanting to find out, "are you in? if not fine I just need to know so I can find someone else"--. . . . Nothing.  Zip.  Nada.

And this has occurred in a number of cases.  It's just so impolite, odd, and inexplicable. . . . And frustrating as all get out!

Anyway, aside from that, I am excited though nervous a bit for this.  It is surreal that just a few months ago I had no band, few music contacts anymore, hadn't really seriously sang or played in years . . . and here we are with a killer band, websites, growing fan base, shows lined up etc.  Always and still ongoing, all glory and thanks to God.  Like I said at the beginning of this, I knew it could appear to be one thing on the surface--as in, I am venturing into the world where I have been leading a practically monastic homelife for a long time for the most part.  But with this there have been the Gospel sharing opportunities all along the way in interesting and spontaneous ways--people and venues that I would not normally venture near. . . .

Of course, I somehow managed to get into some stinging nettle or poisonous thistle the other day weeding in the garden (which has been neglected with so much else to be done) . . . and I've got this big red welt by my eye, lol. . . . Just in time for the show......

heh, prayers welcome! God bless. . . .

2 comments:

Mark said...

This confirms what I've been shown as effects of the sun on the brain.Drawing blanks is just one of the effects I've been shown.

God bless

Linda L. said...

lol! Stay out of the weeds! what a time. Wish I could be there. Will be praying.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker