Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Clump-o-dex Relay

 You know . . . sometimes I go through my "clump-o-dex" wad of notes and scraps from my pockets and lunch bag--things I have thought of and quickly jotted down while working. . . . And every so often I just put them up here.  I want to believe that the spontaneous timing of throwing these up sometimes happen to trigger or answer or cause thought in someone just at the right time they might need it or are pondering something. . . . These are unedited and may not be even what I necessarily believe.  Often I am just working out ideas, pondering something myself and making a note to check up on it later.  Or I get a flash of insight (or so I think:) into some issue or question.

Anyhow, I don't know if there are interesting or not or helpful, but here it goes nonetheless, fwiw, the latest clumpodex entry--.
God bless...
--------------------------
--Ie., re if God STARTED OVER creation post fall vs. RESTORING . . . imagine an artist on stage making something beautiful after it got trashed by things on stage--how the audience would applaud!  If he made something better after the corruption of 1st effort.  What show the "glory" of the artist/Creator more?  Starting over or repairing (restoring/reforming)?
--When praying for something . . . that unease (you may be feeling) is not cause you're doubtful God's not going to give u what u want.  It's cuz you are bucking His will--like eve.
--re gov. mass surveillance:  live blameless -- use for good.  Do you fear God or government more?
--fools find no pleasure in the truth; only delighting in airing their own opinions . . . prov: 18:2
--John 3:3-5 Lord does it....
--I would do it if God decreed I would. (re Q "if God told you to do something abhorrent to your natural mind, would you?")(Re Q-- I think it's a good question because it puts a number of seemingly conflicting principles/teachings at odds.)(re Q-- I already don't do what God tells me to do ie., 1st commandment which is most important things of all.  And IT is abhorrent to my natural mind.  And to say God wouldn't ask anything "unBiblical" misses that He asked Israel to slaughter every man, woman, child of Amorites (?). . .  so I think it's a cop out to ignore this.
--Why a devil?  So we have focus of God's wrath other than people.  For we are designed--meant to love one another.
--Thief on cross did not need experience or theology.  What did he love?  He recognzied and submitted to the Lord.  But for our benefit, as a gift, He gave us the Bible doctrines--showing His character to enjoy and deepen in knowledge of. . . .
--Dying to self fully is required.  Give up.
--We can go off the rails wanting experience AND ie., full doctrinal understanding and even have those but yet not be submitted!  Above all He wants us step by step in His will.

2 comments:

Mark said...

People are Israel and we are all in a exodus walking out of this present kingdom and to the inherited land not litterally but spiritually.This is where most souls are in error.Its where most think they are in Gods will/spirit.Just cause we think/will it so don't make it so.This is why I'm so big on Exodus33 and verse 3 in particular or the triple 3,it is key in understanding the battle of wills at hand.Through our stiffnekedness/our will we get to just walk into the inherited land.

We fail to see its a God drawing in,a consumption/the consumation into Gods will or "the way".
Exodus33:3
Unto a land flowing with milk and honey: for I will not go up in the midst of thee; for thou art a stiffnecked people: lest I(God) consume thee(you) in the way(Gods will).

Surrendering ones will is putting off the ornaments.....all are trinkets,baubles,intelect,things we pride our selves in.Dad wants his kids naked and clean of garbage of the world because its not going into the kingdom to come.

Exodus33:4,5,6 4 When the people heard these distressing words, they began to mourn and no one put on any ornaments. 5 For the Lord had said to Moses, “Tell the Israelites, ‘You are a stiff-necked people. If I were to go with you even for a moment, I might destroy you. Now take off your ornaments and I will decide what to do with you.’” 6 So the Israelites stripped off their ornaments at Mount Horeb.

Israel complained but put them off or surendered.

Anonymous said...

1st commandment is key bro THomas as u said. Personally I've always needed GOd to be a father to to me as I can be very naive and almost child like. Without gods Grace I realized I wouldn't even be able to do even the most simplest thing. I'm 34 years old and haven't done much of anything for him. Imagine at age 33 all the things Jesus did. Thinking about all this yesterday and decided I want to show him that love back by actually following him for once and not being a fence sitter.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker