Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Bongos & Harmonicas?

Well, tomorrow night is the first big milestone with my band.  There were four of you (trusty ol' stalwarts all!) who helped me just get over the line to being able to pull it off--thank you sooo much!  After I get some video and photographic footage and am able to set up the website, I will then be able to set aside a special "backstage" zone for you.  This is a hard, nip-and-tuck effort, trying to juggle family and day-to-day responsibilities, being older, starting from scratch, shoe-string capabilities.... 

Yet, this is an exciting time musically overall for us . . . all of a sudden . . .  as Jackson's band is doing very well with their new cd release.  Several of their songs are on big playlists on Spotify . . . the music download/listening site.  Jack told me last month they had around 105,000 listens and already have 60 thousand so far this month.  I really do think they will get signed and go "bigtime".  Thankfully, we have had many talks about the music business, all the pitfalls and dangers to avoid and so far he has.  These days it is much different in the way that, as an artist, you can avoid instant and outright slavery to the record label as the internet and social media and Itunes and Spotify etc., allow the musician to control a lot more of their situation without having to rely on one big parent company.  I trust God in all things however it goes. . . .

They recently played "Logan City Limits" up north in the state and had a wild, adoring throng of fans demanding encores.  Here's a pic of them with the banner I painted for them behind on stage. . . .




An idea I got, which I think could possibly turn into a cool, annual event . . . is to rent out a local outdoor amphitheater and have a family based summer concert.  My cousin Corrine has a band also doing well called The Souvenirs     http://www.thesouvenirsmusic.com/music.html . . . and they could play, and my band play and Jackson's band--a 3 band billing . . . and have my other semi-famous cousin Chet Cannon "MC" the event. . . . What a blast that would be!  http://www.chetcannon.com/

But then, the way the politicians and all the knucklehead violent radicals are messing things up--we may be playing our bongos and harmonicas in the bunker for a while, lol. . . .

Take care, God bless. . . . .

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker