Saturday, March 12, 2016

Young Mind, Old Body & Priates

Boy time is flying these days it seems.. just rippin' by.  My first thoughts today upon waking in fact were about how quick this life is.  Truly it is a flash, especially as you get on in years.  And it's so strange, for the most part, mentally, creatively, etc., I feel much the same as when young.  Besides more regenerate type thinking and feeling, not much else has changed.  Old-ish body with a continuing young-ish mind is a . . . well often amusing, but also frustrating combination.  I know many experience this same thing.  Oh, heaven will be nice!  Enough with this aging and decaying and falling apart business when your soul is still raring to go! heh. . . .

But then, it does really kinda seem like 50 is the new 30, so to speak.  40s is more like late 20s early 30s . . . I'm hoping the 60s will be the new 40s.... age-wise... And with so many fixtures on the scene now dropping off, like Keith Emerson of Emerson, Lake & Palmer (one of my early fave bands and inspiration to get into synths and keyboards).... They surely were a talented lot!  Many of the early rockers were quite well educated and classically trained--at least the bunch I followed. . . .


2 comments:

Mark said...

The "manchild"

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about artists being classically trained vs what u have today. Used to really like hip hop and r&b but remember listening to some rap a while back and realized the instrumental,lyrics and vocals etc sounded very much like a nursery rhyme...not being funny here but I really believe they learnt how to make music by listening to nursery rhymes! I'm not saying old school hip hop is known for having classically trained artists but they did have musical talent...I don't know why but the whole thing made me really angry lol.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker