Friday, March 18, 2016

So Far So Good

Well, so far so good.  The players I managed to fairly quickly pull out of thin air . . . are all fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.  And I've even got a sax player who also can handle (quite well) the back-up vocals when not blowin' his horn.  And my oh my . . . the kid is superb!  I only have known my cousin Brady who plays bass and has played on songs of mine before--but all the other guys I found here and there on the interwebs (except for the drummer who Brady knew).  Anyway, the sax player sounds like Kenny G. in his sweet fluidity.  He's amazing.  The keyboardist is a pro, a character, and also fantastic.  The guitarist as well is very versatile and an excellent player.  Drummer, yes, spot on and plays well with Brady on bass so that the rhythm section is tight.  First night practice was, in my opinion, a pleasant shocker.  Usually, it's like herding cats to get a roomful of musicians to focus and actually make progress.  We already got 4-5 songs well sussed out, though there is still a ton to do. But yes, it went better than I'd dare to hope.... Very excited about this project... It is something I really need to take off and work. . . . Ain't gettin' any younger and these are kinda my last years of being still able to pull something like this off. . . .

Praise God.  The spiritual dynamics are interesting as well, and always at the fore of my mind and heart and I will share some of thoughts and developments on that as it goes on. . . .

More to follow. . . .

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker