Wednesday, March 9, 2016

More Political Musings....

It's certainly a very intense and often divisive issue--how, as a believer, we are to choose politicians and based on what. . . . For instance, while I agreed that Romney would have maybe have been slight bit better than Obama, the spiritual implications were just as serious.  If I believe that Mormonism is a cult--and one whose goal from the beginning was and still is world domination via "secret combinations" . . . could I justify voting for him simply because politically he would be a margin better than Barry?  Would I vote for an avowed Satanist or Luciferian so long as they kept the trains running on time and wanted to cut taxes?  If I imagine standing before God, accounting for all my mortal deeds, would I be justified to say, "Yes, I voted for a civil leader who is thoroughly against You, hates you, fights you, is in league with secret factions out to destroy your people and your Kingdom BUT . . . he was gonna cut taxes, create jobs and get the country out of debt!"?

Or--assuming there was a candidate who I genuinely believed to be a man of God, but he had no chance to win--I say, "I voted for _____, who had no chance to win, but I couldn't support any other who was against You."

Who is not FOR Him is against Him. 

In this case, I really can't say for sure who might be a genuine believer and follower of God.  I believe I can tell who obviously isn't, by their fruits, what comes from their lips (showing what's in their heart), and stances on the life issue. . . .

I am nevertheless relishing how the people have woken up more than ever in realizing the despicableness of the "establishment". I am loving how, finally, no matter how much money they throw at the "insurgent" candidates, especially Trump, it keeps backfiring and only making the people more determined and justifiably angrier that their will is being attempted to be thwarted.

I don't, however, see that the people have repented of their sins against God; they are "repenting" it seems of their bad political decisions in the past.  So I don't expect that God is going to give us any more breaks.  He has been patient a long time and I don't see how we will be avoiding reaping what has been sown.  There appears to be a political awakening, yes, but not a spiritual one . . . which is the one that counts.

One thing I DO believe strongly . . . is that this political stuff should not be something that believers divide over.  Just as we are not to divide over "non-essential" doctrines of the faith, we certainly then shouldn't be diving over temporal, political issues!  Again, I just keep thinking . . . oh that this much passion, interest, energy, thought, verbiage, effort etc. were put into proclaiming and sharing the Gospel!  THAT is what would change the country, the world. . . . It shows where peoples' heart are really at--what they really care about most:  this world and not the world to come.  And I aim this at myself as much as any. . . .

Oh God save us. . . . We are so weak, so fallible, so needy of your power, guidance, love, blessing!

3 comments:

Mark said...

As the light of knowledge comes in and as "the people" become aware of the King they serve they will come to repentance.Trump and others are bringing the light of truths.

Knowledge is the light and the power.Lucifer doesn't like light and works in darkness.

Lee in TN said...

Hey Bro T,
Thanks for your Trump response today in the blog. And really for the reminder to keep that political stuff in check, and realize that it is in God we should focus upon and trust. Not Trump or Cruz or any other politicians regardless of how they wear their supposed faith on their sleeve.
Blessings always! - Lee

Mark said...

Dose "the people" need "the rock" yet?...Are we understanding why the runestone yet?

Someone knew this would be necessary in the future(now).

Daniel 2:44,45 44"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. 45"Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy."

This means communism,zionisim,nazism,NWO or whatever they have planned....crushed!

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker