Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Ready, Willing & Able

Another great blessing/benefit in realizing/accepting God's supreme sovereignty in all things.... I've found it helps me to love/accommodate/tolerate/serve others better.  I am always ready, willing and able to share the Gospel . . . and do so in various ways constantly. . . . [And I note that some of the greatest preachers and missionaries have been reformed as well as have some of the greatest revivals been instigated by reformed leaders (crushing the idea that if you're "Reformed" you will feel no need to exhort, preach, extol, share the Gospel)]....

And so, I've found that I am able to enjoy and encourage and love all kinds of people, regardless of their status whether a believer or not . . . as I know that ALL good things (talents, abilities, skills, ideas etc., they might possess) COME FROM GOD. . . . And I know that God is control and either "has" them or not--so I don't need to feel offended or anxious or angry or resentful . . . that they may not believe, trusting God will recover them if they are elect--which He may or may not do through me or by some other means. . . .

I am ready, willing and able to share the wondrous, blessed, saving Gospel . . . but also am able to love and accept (in a sense) others just as they are, trusting God always. . . . Paradoxically, while having this slightly laissez-faire approach, it has not only NOT decreased my passion and "heart for the lost" . . . but has made it finer, better, more sincere, less self-centered and effective....

Go figure....:)

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker