Friday, January 22, 2016

"Fallout 4" Bro T Oddity

My son Alexander alerted me to this. . . . A bit odd . . . pure coincidence?  Do I consider it a flattery of sorts--as in I'm perceived in some corner a potential threat enough to attempt to smear and take out early?  I doubt it . . . but it is a tad eyebrow raising nonetheless. . . .

"Fallout 4" is a new role playing game set in a scenario of a future, post-apocalyptic Boston USA.
The scene is set in the "Sanctuary Hills" (perhaps lets note that in my early writings and talking about an apocalyptic America . . . including in my KTL story I posted online for a time . . . it was all about considering setting a survivors' refuge . . . a remnant type camp . . . a sanctuary of sorts. . . .

Somewhere in the playing of the game you will come across the "Pillars of the Community" . . . which is a religious cult set up by . . . wait for it . . . "Brother Thomas" the cult leader.  And he is, of course,  a scoundrel--a Jim Jones-ish kind of guy almost. . . . A charlatan.

Associated with Brother Thomas is a character named "Jack" who is looking for his missing sister (btw, the main plot line in my KTL apocalyptic story was that I was looking for my missing son Alexander). . . . Al thought that "Jack" was "Brother Thomas'" son in the game but I haven't been able to confirm that.  But they ARE for sure closely involved with each other re the game plotline arch. . . .

Jacks sister is Emogene . . . whose name contains letters that would spell "Meg". . . .

Anyway . . . it may just be a weird synchronicity/coincidence. . . . But I can't help but notice that if I were to ever gain a wider recognition for my spiritual/religious writings ie., in publishing or appearances publicly at some point . . . this character in Fallout 4 would at least bear some interesting "fallout" connected to me in, ie., google searches and blurring of profiles . . . so-to-speak. . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just a coincidence but my reaction was to laugh hysterically....here you are just preaching the gospel occasionaly and raising a family...really a nobody in terms of the world and that's all it takes to offend someone?...Maybe you are actually someone as we all are according to christ(ie the salt of the world)...the appropriate reaction is to laugh or cry ...I chose to laugh. Take care

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker