Monday, December 28, 2015

On "Vacating The Premises"!

. . . and what does this realization and knowledge lead to--that is, concerning God's ultimate, complete sovereignty over His creatures and creation?  It leads to . . . I'm vacating the premises!  Oh yes, there are two ways to go on this "vacating the premises". . . . The most common one in this world, encouraged by those in the media, entertainment, "spiritual disciplines", "gurus" etc., is to vacate so that evil, demonic spirits can invade and begin taking control.  And I've had experience with that myself where I allowed such to happen. . . . But this other way is called making way for the WILL OF GOD to be done in a life, in a body.  "Not mine, but Thine"!

How can God come in and fill you with His Holy Spirit when you are there hogging all the space with your "big" ideas?

In Heaven, this will be perfected, where we still exist as individuals, yet we are wholly at one with the Holy will of God.  This is one of the primary things that Jesus as a man seemed to be about showing and explaining--how He was perfectly submitted to the will of God and that this is the goal, the purpose of the "called out ones"/the "elect" children of the Most High, the Father of all creation.

I am fairly well convinced--although always open to learning and altering my position--that this is an issue of knowledge.  "My people perish (are destroyed) for lack of knowledge" . . . 'Bear fruits in keeping with repentance (metanoia:  "a change of MIND"). . . . (see Job 36:12, Hosea 4:6, Luke 3:8)
(And I'm here trying to convey now what are the "fruits" of such a "changed mind".) 

So obtaining the correct information (knowledge) about how God operates--what His character and ways are truly like . . . actually effects metaphysical changes in a person's soul.  I believe this from experience and from studying the stories and teachings of scripture. . . . Trying to practice and employ "spiritual laws" doesn't work--doesn't lead to sanctification (in fact, leads to--I believe again from experience and study--increased "vacating" so that demonic spirits can inhabit/influence the soul, which demons DO have supernatural powers--which supernatural powers then the subject mistakenly believes and is decieved into thinking are something like sanctification or "spiritual mastery" or "spiritual progress"). . . .

Doing "good works" and benevolent acts (divorced from correct knowledge) also do not lead to sanctification, but generally just lead to insidious spiritual pride and again, further demonic influence, though in the guise of supposedly "Godly spiritual" acts. . . . "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." --2 Cor. 11:14

No, what I have found is that changing the way I THINK . . . according to correct KNOWLEDGE about Who God is, what He really does and has done and intends to do etc.,--THIS is what has had the most profound, real, transformative effect on my character development, spiritual sanctification, soul-ish perfection going forward. . . .

Which again, is why I continually return to it as a topic--out of concern and, I would hope, helpfulness in Spiritual matters. . . . I really can't over-emphasize it enough, or cover all the wide-ranging ramifications of this--how finally and fully surrendering (in terms of mental assent/acquiescence) to God's Lordship in all ways, all things, all knowledge etc., has cleared out so much clutter and dysfunction, stumbling blocks and darkness . . . and led to such clarity in many matters (worldly, supernatural and Spiritual) and provided ineffable peace, fortitude, faith and protection. . . .

I'm not interested in arguing or asserting things just to be right or insist my way ought to be your way.  I'm genuinely interested in helping where and if I can, sharing discoveries and insights as they have been provided as I have no higher interest and investment of my time and energy in this life than in these matters, all thanks and glory to God. . . .


"And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, 'Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever Amen.'" --Rev. 7:11-12


No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker