Sunday, November 22, 2015

Music Break....

Music break--
I found a couple of compilation cd's of my old music that I thought were lost for good...there's still another I'm hoping shows up... Anyway I post a few of the songs on Soundclick.. 5 songs and there will be more to follow.  These were all done around 1984-85 (except for Notta Blackstar and Nova Star which were done in 1990 I think) when I was chief engineer/composer at Polymedia Studios .. where we did post production for film and video using the most cutting edge tech at the time (ie., the Linn 9000 drum machine which I loved and still wish I had), some of the early music sequencing software on Apple ... synced up to a 16 track 2" multitrack machine.. We also had the first of the Sony Montage editing systems which were the beginning tech for editing film in digital format.  I believe we produced one of the first, if not the first, all digital soundtracks done for a film synced to film... Even now, if I had the time and equipment I could easily produce a few new songs a day.. and do have a new song in the works that I hope, I pray ... somehow I can get a chance to do along with other new material... oy, it's a frustrating and sad regret that I can't be doing music all the time I must admit... I've wondered if I did a goFund/kickstart thing if I could raise enough money to record an Ep or something? ..... dunno... I feel that ever since I dove into becoming increasingly Biblically based in my writing and focus I've lost a lot of audience and support .. but oh well .... so it goes... I could easily concoct fantastical theories and novel notions to attract a wider following but that has never been my agenda.. The Truth is all I want to be about .. and truly that is the road less traveled, especially these days.....

In other music news I must say that Bowie is staying true to creative form with his new, very strange and disturbing song/video "Blackstar" ... I believe I understand what it's about and if I thought anyone was interested I might decode it as I also believe I understand his work and mind quite well... as it derives from the same "spirit" that I once was attached to. . . . Or, rather, was attached to me....

Also, I--we (my wife, Isaac and I ... and Jack and Meagan to a degree) have become huge Duran Duran fans in the last couple years.  I never really got into them back in their 80s heyday, though like a few of their songs.. But I've come to really respect their musically work.. and their new album "Paper Gods" is excellent.  I love seeing the old timers still being genuinely creative and working--not just going through the motions...

Speaking of son Jackson (some say my "mini me" in terms of his musical drive and work) he is recording some great new material that I think he hopes to put out in a couple of Ep's this spring or so..... He's just getting better and better and is quite naturally gifted that way, especially in production song craft.... He has a great voice too.  He was once offered to join the elite Catholic boys choir here in town .. but he wasn't really into music, oddly, at that time (as a boy)....

I've also been getting into Glenn Campbell, heh... "Wichita Lineman" has always been one of my favorite melancholy songs... What a talent he was/is....

Also become a legit Steely Dan fan the last few years along the rediscovery of Duran Duran.  I've always thought Steely Dan is the apex of analog, fastidious production and songcraft.. but again, didn't really get into their stuff in the 70s other than to appreciate its perfection ... but have now gotten into them full tilt.... Great music.. especially compared to a lot of what is going on now, with some exceptions....

I love that Zeph is continually cranking out new creative material... I wish I lived closer to him and his studio! What fun is obviously having--a true pioneer.....

4 comments:

Patrick Poer said...

Would love to hear your expository on the new Bowie song! I think it's helpful for us learn and teach spiritual discernment and understanding the force behind certain people, media, messages, etc.. :)

Lee in TN said...

Very interesting new song from Bowie. Also just saw a Bowie documentary about his late 70's stuff. Would love to get your take on this. Blessings- Lee

Michael Head said...

Hey T-ray it's Mike Head from Tallahassee. I've been looking for you for some time. I hope eveyone is well. I am cleaning up some recordings we did at my place and Pegasus and would like to get them to you. Looking forward to catching up. Saw Steve last week. We are still rockin Tallahassee. Call me

Michael Head said...

Hey T-ray it's Mike Head from Tallahassee. I've been looking for you for some time. I hope eveyone is well. I am cleaning up some recordings we did at my place and Pegasus and would like to get them to you. Looking forward to catching up. Saw Steve last week. We are still rockin Tallahassee. Call me

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker