Friday, August 14, 2015

"All you need is love"...?

Ideology:  visionary theorizing; A set of doctrines or beliefs that are shared by the members of a social group or that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.

It's Idol-ology.  What people have without the Truth is a made up system of doctrines or beliefs to which they then pay allegiance; they serve, worship in effect.  And every set of beliefs outside the Truth of God is the devil's ideology in one or another form.

This common idea of "love" is no different than any other false doctrine or god.  "All you need is love" they say.  But they never quite get around to defining just what this "love" is.  

What is usually taken to be "love" is that "love" does not judge; it is all forgiving; it allows for anything and everything with no consequence . . . it is "unconditional".

And this is lie--a dangerous, devious lie.  This is the lie the devil wants spread around.  He wants you to think that no matter what you do, what you think, what you serve, who you worship (except for the real God) "it's all good".

But does this comport with experience?  No.  

I love my children.  I love them dearly and do not want them to get into trouble; I do not want them to suffer evil.  I want them to attain the highest good, to "succeed" in the eyes of God.  So, does it make sense that I countenance anything and everything they might do as children?  "I see you are having so much fun playing . . . go ahead and keep running onto the freeway amidst traffic.  Who am I to judge?  I love you 'unconditionally' so will allow you to do anything that spontaneously compels you."

No, in fact, if I see them playing with a scorpion, or running into the street, or sticking a fork in the electrical socket--I will step in and protect them; I will stop them from foolish, harmful behavior.  If they defy me and continue to act against their own best interests, I will chastise them.  I will tell them such behavior is wrong, "bad" and I may punish them to teach them the severity of their actions.  THAT is love.  It is not loving to smile upon anything they might do, harmful or otherwise, blessing them regardless, even though I might see them marching off of a cliff to destruction.

But what many unthinking people mean by "love" is simply that they are left alone to sin and glorify self with no boundaries, no consequences, no judgment.

I have always found it of note also . . . that most times, those people who constantly talk about "love", it being the all-in-all and what they purportedly follow ABOVE all--tend to be the meanest, most volatile, actually UN-loving people around.   They seem to be the last person who would lay down their life for another, but are generally profoundly selfish and self absorbed.  "Love!" they shout and demand--that others "love" THEM regardless of what they do, what they teach, how they offend and pervert God and His Word. 

I am convinced that the devil has long perverted what "love" is and put in it's place merely another disguised means of but worshiping him.  The many who extol "love" as being "the way"--the summum bonum--and demand it to be the highest, universal good to be served . . . unwittingly are usually just promoting the devil and his doctrines to be served above all.  


1 comment:

Mark said...

If one sees a love religious collective stay clear.This is exacly why God dose not create religions but individuals(remember"whom") .Men/women create religions.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker