Thursday, June 11, 2015

When The Fences Fall

It feels and looks like this right now. . . . It's as if I've had dreams that a giant, 10 mile high tsunami is coming and will wash over and wipe out the land . . . and I've done research to confirm that such a tsunami is inevitable . . . and now I am standing on a hill, facing the ocean . . . and see the towering wave actually approaching, so high that it practically blocks out the sky and sun. . . .

What is there to be done?  How to prepare for this thing?  All that seems possible to do is to stand, brace and watch it arrive. . . .

Early on, I realized the problem with trying to do much "prepping" . . . was that the Takeover Forces would simply confiscate and/or relocate . . . such that all one's efforts would be in vain, taken or swept away in an instant. . . . Surveillance abilities are such that I don't think there will be much successful "bugging out"--there's nowhere to hide where they won't be able to detect.  Sure, you can hope to be a "needle in a haystack" hidden away in the wilderness somewhere . . . but when you are a glowing needles that emits signals . . . you won't be that hard to find. . . .

Above all . . . I've concluded that there is really just one thing that can be done, although it is more nuanced and challenging to attain than first appears.  There is one primary "prep" to do that can stand and answer to any situation where all the others are likely to be temporary at best or fail immediately.

Trust God.

This is a real test of faith.  Many say they trust God, but they don't really when the chips are down.  They panic . . . capitulate. . . .

In a moment . . . when you are faced with a decision . . . at a fork in the road . . . all your fallen, self-loving self . . . will be aching, freaking out, pulling at you . . . to go the way of the world . . . to play it safe . . . accede in the moment to perhaps live another day. . . . But that choice also includes you turning your back on God, going against what you know is Right.

The other way is fearless and prepared to meet whatever results, trusting God, refusing to betray or shame His Name, knowing what is the Right Way to go instead, though all the evil in and out of the world is ready to pounce. . . .

I find myself practicing scenarios in my mind . . . and I believe it is the Holy Spirit training me to be ready for what is coming. . . . Like so many other things in this life, it is taking practice--it seems to be a skill that can be strengthened and perfected. 

The joy is, is that while we yet are still residing in the safe zone . . . I find I am in spiritual training and gaining power and ability (to effect this real, visceral TRUST IN CHRIST) . . . so that when the fences finally drop . . . and the enemy and its staged events swarm over the battlements . . . I will be ready--SPIRITUALLY prepped up; which is the only prep I suspect that will NOT be susceptible to ANYTHING the enemy has to offer . . . whether it be bribes, threats or outright assault. . . .

I have been trusting God for years, already  always standing on the precipice of survival, day to day; I never presume that He will accommodate my any wants and needs but rather have trained to accept that WHATEVER He does in and with my life is perfectly within His good and holy will . . . and in the end will work to the good--to what is ultimately best for me.  I trust my body, spirit and soul to Him.  There has been trepidation, occasionally fear . . . but every time I use the occasion to train--to bring up presence of mind and heart and throw myself all in . . . to trusting He is there, in control and knows what is best for me and for His over-arching purposes, come what may. . . .

Now, while things are still relatively quiet (compared to what's coming) it is a good time to train, to practice, to fully grasp and employ TRUST IN GOD . . . in small things now, but building up to be able to stand firm in faith and trust when the larger, more extravagant challenges and threats arrive . . . just around the corner. . . .

 "Consider how the wildflowers grow: They don't labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these!  If that's how God clothes the grass, which is in the field today and is thrown into the furnace tomorrow, how much more will He do for you--you of little faith?  Don't keep striving for what you should eat and what you should drink, and don't be anxious.  For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.  But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."
--Luke 12: 27-31







2 comments:

Linda L. said...

I have been told by a pastor that Heb. 4:16 is the martyr's verse. I asked how a Christian finds courage to face death for his/her faith. I was told that the grace to endure whatever kind of death or suffering is supplied at the time of need, not before. That is how they endure torture, etc. Stephen prayed while he was being stoned to death. God granted his special grace to endure the torturous death by stoning. In this case, a vision of God in heaven.
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:16 (ESV)

Mark said...

Acts 2:16,17,18
16 but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: 17 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS; 18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy

Joel 2:28,29
28 "It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. 29 "Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.…

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker