Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Reality Within A Reality

Okay . . . now for some speculation.  And I do try to be clear when I have left the charted waters of Biblical exegesis . . . and classical, solid orthodoxy . . . and am veering into a more personal take or slant or conception. . . . I tend to believe what I'm proposing here is true but I'm just saying that I haven't yet spent time trying to substantiate it with the authority of scripture.

And it builds upon the recent ongoing topics.  I also dare say I perceive it in the spirit and in truth; but again must admit it is speculative until based in The Word. . . .

Two of the most exciting aspects of life I find to be . . . the fact that God IS . . . and that He has made creatures, individuals apart from Himself.  That there is SOMETHING--that there is a reality--that God exists in the first place rather than that there is NOTHING . . . never ceases to astound and thrill me.  And I believe reveling in this--being witness to His reality and glory . . . is the stuff of eternal life.  It is so profound, so awesome, so astounding, so incredible, so wondrous etc., that there are angels who do nothing else but sing songs of praise and worship joyfully forever about it--about HIM, about His goodness, holiness, glory. . . . That HE IS THAT HE IS.

Along with that . . . the fact that He is able . . . and willing . . . to create beings (creatures) who are OTHER than Himself . . . is also amazing, mind-blowing, awe-filling, etc.

What an honor!  What a fantastic, glorious, almost ridiculously righteous situation . . . that He fashions creatures . . . who are designed to the vessels, the instruments . . . of His creative, holy will!

In the world . . . we are the means through which He functions, one to another.  Some made for "honorable" use, others for "common".  This too is astonishing!

And what I suspect might be the supreme joy and adventure of living throughout eternity . . . is the worshipful unending, horizon-less exploration of these two facts and how they work together.  That is, the fact that GOD IS ("I AM THAT I AM") and . . . the fact that we exist individually separate from Him (as in, we are not God) . . . yet we being vessels/instruments for His will . . . are one with Him as He operates through us to reveal (and have us experience) more and deeper of His creative being and purposes . . . unending.

When I was a student/follower of Eastern spirituality . . . it was easy for me to believe (as it was taught) that the purpose of existence was to become "one with God" . . . because, in the end "we ARE God"; that God could and would "individuate" Himself seemed apropos.

But what "blows my mind" . . . and I find continually incredible and wondrous . . . and HARD to believe (though I DO believe it now) is that we are to be "one with God" yet we are separate and "other" than God!  I mean, it did not seem too far out to assume that God could create individuals (parts) of himself . . . as the fact was that all that existed IS God Himself (including all matter, energy, creatures, creation).  But that God . . . Who IS THAT HE IS . . . creates something(s) (creation/creatures) OTHER than Himself . . . which has a reality (within His reality)--delightfully bewilders me to this day.

And what I'm suggesting is . . . is that pursuing and exploring and experiencing the mystery of this, with it's paradoxical trappings . . . is what the work/play of eternity will largely be about, in endless creative, joyful, "Imaginative" permutations. . . .

To me, that adventure begins now . . . when one finally stops trying to BE God . . . and humbly accepts the honored (though wholly distinct) role as creature--as VESSEL.

"Woe to the one who argues with his Maker-- one clay pot among many. Does clay say to the one forming it, What are you making? Or does your work say, He has no hands?"  --Isa. 45:9

As hands are a symbol and function of "doing" . . . I say he "has no hands" because he can't do anything (apart from God)!  Those who continue to "argue with his Maker" about His handiwork . . . will be put away.  Those who accept the Maker's prerogative . . . will go on with Him into eternity . . . happy, in glory and in peace . . . to be His vessels made for "honorable use"! 

2 comments:

Mark said...

Good message!

Daniel 2:45
"Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain (without hands) and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy."

Geologist have stated that it is trough erosion that the heaven-er rune stone slid off the top and down into the bottom of the cleft in the rock.

Exodus33:22
22 And it shall come to pass, while my (glory) passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

Talk about no hands.....God sets the "property markers".This one is in both the 3rd demension and the 4th demension.

God set it right here in the U.S..

The history lie teaches that the "promised land" is in the state of Israel........wrong!

The Cherokee hebrew/jews are right here.

Israel dose not have the "proporty marker"......The master mason knows this but keeps it "secret"....I don't!

"The secret" aides abets"the lie"

But then again God has his plans for the U.S. .

Anonymous said...

I think that this is the essence of Proverbs 1:7: "Fear (yi'rah) of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (da'ath, or knowledge). We don't know anything until we have that respect and reverence for the Lord. Once we have it ("that He is!"), we have knowledge.

JC

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker