Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Death To The Wicked

God is great, God is good. . . .

There is so much dysfunction all around.  I hear of things, I see them--people and families roiling in chaos and despair.  Oh that they knew how close by peace is to be had!  But they have no answer.  Parents, immature, acting like children, abandoning their responsibilities, chasing this way and that, always looking for the next pleasure, the next distraction, running . . . running . . . hiding from God, from judgment.  But they can't hide forever. . . .

Day after day, ongoing there is turmoil, angst, problems, drama.  Sinking in despair . . . then dashing to the next vain hope, the next temporary pleasure.

Many of them assume they have God, but they have nothing but shifting idols which are dead and provide no succor, no rest.  If they have the truth, then why do they flounder so?  Why do they leap from crisis to disaster to tragedy over and over if they are led by God?  God is not the author of confusion and mayhem.  His way is the way to peace and joy and strength and longsuffering, patience, gentleness, charity, love.

But they teem with envy, worry, anger and jealousies.  This is what drives them day to day.  Pride, vanity, self-seeking . . . constantly on the run to be satisfied yet never being satisfied but searching after every unclean thing--it is all spoiled and of no avail without God!

At least the pagans and the unbelievers mostly claim to have no edge.  They shrug and allow what may come with no special pleadings as to having found the truth, the way.

The worst are they who profess having truth and having found the way, yet in their hearts and thus in their actions--their fruit--no graciousness is displayed.  These are the worst who claim to speak for the truth and of God yet secretly they harbor all the wiles and methods of evil.  They are inwardly in confusion and of stone-cold hearts, unfeeling, uncaring, but with minds always angling for advantage and lordship over others.  False converts, false believers, hypocrites!

Woe to them for their penalty is greater who defame the holy name of Jesus where they assert His discipleship but they think and act as the world!  Just as the Jews who hated Messiah claimed to be "the sons of Abraham" and of the truth, Jesus rebuked them and called them sons of the devil.  For truly they hated God despite what they claimed, for truth was in their midst and they sought to kill Him!  So it is with fake believers, false converts who profess discipleship in the Lord yet hate His true people and revile His genuine followers and above all, His way!

Where the spirit of the evil one resides, within single souls, within households, there is coldness, hardness of heart, aloofness, hiding resentments and jealousies--with their lips they cry "Jesus" and "Lord" but with their hearts they murder and steal.  Liars and thieves and adulterers they are in fact.  Secret, rotten lives they lead.

Chaos, sadness, weeping, fretfulness and destruction . . . over and over . . . follows in their wake, regardless of so-called "good intentions".  They have no good intentions, but only seek gain and position and privately revel in the suffering of others, which they often themselves inflict.  Manipulation and deception are their tools, as they continually seek to control and dominate the weaker about them, who they collect like slaves and animals to be abused at whim.

Woe to these fakers and scoundrels!  Dire is the reward of the false teachers, destructive parents, back-stabbing friends!

Yet, there is a way out--a way to cleanliness and righteous progression, where the former sins begin to lose hold and continual walking in the light and love of the Lord becomes habitual.  There is a way out of the darkness and disorder, dis-ease and madness.  From blindness to sight.  From cold, dead heart to living, breathing heart of flesh.  From constant mistake and despair to victory after victory.

The old man must die.  The old woman must perish.  Death, death, death to the heathen heart who flounders in desperation after false gods and self-made idols!  First they must die who daily attempt to dethrone the Supreme Perfect Ruler of the universe and all that is--God, Father.

Death to the wicked; life for the righteous.  Away with the lover of darkness, away with the authors of pandemonium, bedlam, lawlessness.  Life and victory for those slain with the Lamb, crucified with Christ, who've died with Him at the cross.  There is no life of one's own.  There is only life in Christ, Jesus!  Let all the world and its keepers be liars, but God is true alone!

Come out from the whore!  Get away from stench of sin's decay.  Leave the boneyards and fizzling altars of the living dead--away from the dancing ghouls and jabbering fools!

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  --Gal. 2:20

Death to the wicked--an end to the madness and despair!  Life and freedom, hope and peace, charity and joy in God!  Forever!  Amen.

3 comments:

Lee in TN said...

Brother Thomas,
You'd think after all this time I would not still be such a 'work in progress' in my death to self and sanctification (a work that He must do)...that I would not be hanging on to my old self (which I hate) and would have the constant faith to know that He has me and all is according to His Will and plan and timing.....

But when I read your statement -"The worst are they who profess having truth and having found the way, yet in their hearts and thus in their actions--their fruit--no graciousness is displayed. These are the worst who claim to speak for the truth and of God yet secretly they harbor all the wiles and methods of evil. They are inwardly in confusion and of stone-cold hearts, unfeeling, uncaring, but with minds always angling for advantage and lordship over others. False converts, false believers, hypocrites!" - - I am somewhat AFRAID that I am that which you describe and the Bible and Jesus curses. I am uncaring towards others and their feelings too often at times. And I have a sharp tongue too, which hurts the ones I love in my life. I pray to be changed and to have a new heart and a new mind so these faults do not keep destroying my life and my Walk. I repent and I falter. I plead and pray. I am convicted yet again by your blog.

This is my confession of sorts...

Thanks for letting me vent - and blessings to you! - Lee

Lee in TN said...

...been deeper in prayer over all this, and I have been guilty of so much stress and concern lately, (combined with some health issues) that I'm asking God to help me to 'let go' of thinking I need to do all this or that....myself.

I've always been a 'do it yourself' kind of person (I'm an only child), and have always over-stressed about things in general. THIS I need to stop, and pray that I can, and just let Him handle these things and all the details.

I just don't want to be found as a 'fraud' in my Walk, and I'm constantly thinking I should do more with the intend of my will to repent, to pray, etc.

But feeling somewhat better now having admitted all this to myself, you and the Lord. Prayers - that seems to be the key. Blessings - Lee

Mark said...

https://towardawareness.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/set-fire-on-obelisk-in-iran/

The death of a spirit of darker light is not death of flesh.

Guilt by association.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker