Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Alongside The Ship Of Fools

That is a very interesting and poignant point you brought up JC re Rosaria's autobiography which you read.  The fact that "sin infantilizes a person". . . . So true!

There are a number of instances my wife and I are aware of and have discussed this very issue together . . . of certain parents and even elderly relatives and acquaintances we know . . . how immature they have remained.  These are people who are not born again.  Maybe it is just because we are surrounded by mostly L.D.S. people . . . but it seems as though this church especially creates "adults" . . . who remain in a state of arrested development.  They just won't and don't grow up!  And they will have children, usually a lot of children . . . who become teens and young adults . . . who must contend with, compete with . . . parents who act as juvenile as themselves.  We know a couple of cases that are simply shocking and sad where the children are floundering and about to get into real trouble . . . because the mom and dad . . . are so selfish and immature and busy trying to stay and play young . . . that they cannot fulfil their parental responsibilities except only in a haphazard, usually overly emotional way.  It's like 14 year-olds (in 50-something bodies) raising 15 and 16 year-olds. Many of them are into their 2nd or 3rd marriage . . . broken families left and right . . . and all in the church that claims and promotes "families are forever." 

But, I know it's not just them.  Infantilism is the order of the day, of the whole culture right now.  The militant homosexual and LGBTetc. lobby is manically powered by the same self-centered, juvenile, narcissistic, emotional fuel.

If these were sincere Bible readers, they would know there is a time to "put away childish things."

Paul wrote, "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things."  --1 Cor. 13:11

If you look around it seems that regardless of actual physical age people are speaking, thinking and reasoning "as a child."  A lot of this also, I believe, has to do with the highly successful attack on fatherhood, men as fathers, the fathers' role, spiritual masculinity. . . . Broken families, step-fathers, single moms, boyfriend "fathers" etc.  The kids are never growing up . . . as they have no model to follow or even know what it looks like to "put away childish things".

Thanks again . . . cultural Marxism, Marxist feminist theory, "sexual liberation", anti-God, anti-Bible, demon doctrine agenda. . . .  Not!

And then, men not being men, acquiescing . . . refusing to fight for truth and Godly issues. . . .

This is somewhat related:  My wife and I were driving home form the market, talking . . . over our concerns about various people we know or know of, or people our boys tell us about that they encounter ie., at work, "the public" etc., . . . and it just seemed to both of us that everyone is going practically stark, raving mad.  A general insanity seems to be brewing all about . . . except . . . EXCEPT, I dare say, among the Christians.  Okay, that's a broad generalization I know, but really, it does seem that those folks who are not born again and locked on daily to the anchor of the Rock, to Holy Spirit and His revelation . . . are really starting to lose it.  I'm not including Christian-in-name-onlys--nominal Christians, for they seem to be getting just as unstable and stressed out and volatile as the rest of the Godless.

But really, it's as though just below the surface, skin deep, people are barely holding it together and many are careening quite out of control, making big life mistakes, delving into perversity and corruption and sin and addiction . . . to increasingly extreme degrees.  As we were noting this disturbing trend . . . I wondered if it might not get to the point where . . . yes, the whole world, except for those born again in the Spirit, followers of the Truth . . . otherwise become stark, raving madmen and madwomen . . . thinking and acting violently evil all the day long.   I know that you could say that in our fallen state we already are in that condition . . . but what I'm seeing is a clear ramping up overt insanity, instability and madness.  Perhaps something "as in the days of Noah" where it got to the point that God had to wipe the slate clean because the corruption and wickedness was so deep, so wide, so pervasive and continuous. . . .

And without the hope of Christ, I get it.  I mean, I can imagine if I didn't have the hope of Christ's victory over death and sin . . . it would be a dreary, pointless affair, this life and this world the way it is going.  It is with sadness, concern and compassion that I witness so many floundering and stressing and sinking because they simply will not submit to the Lord and the Way of truth.  Not that becoming "born again" suddenly solves all your material problems or physical stresses--BUT it does transform them in such a way "that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

And your eyes and emotions and thoughts and ears and heart . . . are pulled away from this sinking ship of fools . . . toward eternal hope, eternal life in the light of truth, glory, holiness, in fellowship with the loving, just, perfect, righteous God of the all in all!

The answer to the growing madness . . . is so close . . . and yet so far. . . .

And again we must say, "there but for the grace of God" would I be . . . IN, rather than alongside, this ship of fools, praise God.

"As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died."  --Gal. 6:14





4 comments:

Mark said...

manchildren

Lee in TN said...

Bro T,
Related issues perhaps....I was recently contacted by my ex-step father, who gave me some updates on his life (approaching 80 years of age now) and told me about this 'spiritual church' he was attending and then asked if I had read any of the "Conversations with God" by Neale Walsch, which immediately had my New Age warning bells going off. Anyway, he said he'd bring me by one of Walsch's books and how it had changed the way he saw life and God, and how we shouldn't worry and everyone lives forever and God does not judge in the end. Yikes! Having never heard of this particular series of books, I dug around a bit and found some "feel good" kind of quotes that I could see the 'church-burned' and non-believers latching onto.

http://www.highexistence.com/10-epic-quotes-from-conversations-with-god/

I wasn't sure if you had ever run across this fairly popular book, which the author goes as far as saying that God Himself told him this stuff and the books were 'penned by God' so we would stop being confused by the Bible.

WOW! Scary stuff (to me) and I want to try to counter all this with him when he comes by to bring the book to me.

Blessings - Lee

Lee in TN said...

....And I think I will use your 'Reasoning TO vs. FROM' argument with him to counter this New Age spiritual "everything is everything" "it's all good" "no one gets judged by God" slop....

Lee in TN said...

pps...so this guy was my step-father when I was a teenager, and I was rejecting our traditional Presbyterian church. That is when he showed me the Urantia Book. It took me a long time to get past that and some of those flawed concepts. I guess he has always wanted this 'new revelation' path - and I'm not falling for it this time!

Although I do like the guy...he was/is a great musician (trumpet, harmonica, guitar) and knew all about music theory and arranging. He was the one who really got me into music. But his New Age philosophies....oh boy! I think he's trying to find peace in his later years and I hate that he's rejected Truth and gone down this path...again.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker