Friday, February 20, 2015

Through Twinkling Lights & Rushing Lives....

Recently I was driving atop a butte of sorts  . . . which came to a crest . . . about to descend into a broad desert valley.  It was a populated area with roads and homes, and the lights of these twinkled and shone in the darkening nightfall. . . .

And this happens a lot--when I have the chance viewpoint to survey a swath of civilization, of many people all going this way and that about their business, in cars or walking. . . .

I think of God and am mute in awe.  How great, how inconceivable He is!  I see all those people, each with their own unique lives; their personal worries and cares, joys and ambitions, simultaneously going on at every given moment.  And I consider the fact that God, the creator of the universe and all that is--that He is with each one, aware of them at that very second, as well as with every sparrow, every dashing cat, barking dog, whirring fly and crawling beetle!  He is omnipresent, omniscient, everywhere aware!

He is able to hear every prayer, every plea, every thanksgiving and is even watching in the silence, present, sustaining all . . . from the most gargantuan star which dwarfs our own sun which dwarfs our own planet . . . down to the single cell moving, adapting, performing its blueprint . . . and down further to the atoms and molecules. . . .

His ability is such that He is cognizant and involved with every single life and in every corner of matter, behind all energies, directing all, sovereign over all . . . where not a turning of a hair nor gallop of a gust occurs without His knowledge and purpose.

This is God.  This is the God we worship.  How could we not? 

At the same time, He is personal.  He knows our individual personalities--all the quirks and travails, wants and wishes and needs. . . . This mighty being Who guides and sustains all things, all creatures, all forces toward His perfect ends . . . is also able to be small, poignant, touching, tender, fatherly, nurturing--a friend, a brother, a mother, a beloved. . . .

Truly . . . what an awesome, mind-blowing, heart-holding, infinitely creative, powerful, sweet, just, caring, personable, ominous, profound and worshipful God we have!  This is GOD!  This is OUR God!

Through all--aside all of the politics and dramas and nattering details of a living day, I try to never fail long to consider Him in all His greatness, from His close-by, personal attributes . . . all the way to His most powerful and holy.  THIS is what it's all about.  Our God.  His glory, which abounds in all directions, all ways, from the tiniest speck to the most magnificent mountain; from seas and oceans to skies to creatures to forces and galaxies and planets and stars!  He is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, holy, good, loving and just!

And He deigned to make us in His image!  What a gift!  What a stunning proposition!  Made, are we, to share in His boundless creation and righteous will!  Family, are we, with the almighty God of all that is, was and will be!

When I am troubled, or in pain, or can see dark and wicked portents on the horizon in the realm of fallen man and diabolical spirit  . . . I just recall His majesty, His vast and perfect knowledge and intention . . . and fall back to faith and trust . . . that all will end just as He would have it, and, by definition, because He is Who He is . . . it will ultimately be the most perfect, good, righteous way it could be, for He is the very definition of goodness, perfection, righteousness. . . .

From my narrow, brief, minuscule vantage point, I can but see and understand a mere speck of the bigger picture.  Surely, I can't presume to judge ends from beginnings based on my relatively microscopic vantage point! 

Instead, I know . . . to rely wholly on HIS intelligence, goodness and purpose, for it is HIS glory that is at stake, of which, I am but a spark to be placed as He would have it . . . for the ultimate glorious display HE intends to present, and presents even now.

Despite temporary suffering, scares and concerns, I am eager to crumble in submission to His power, brilliance, beauty and will.  His will be done, by God, His will be done!  For He is glorious!

I trust Him with my life, my destiny, my hopes, my constitution, my trajectory, my all.  HE must be my all in all!  Then all the rest is according to His most perfect, creative, loving plan. . . .

Praise God.  I look out over that bluff . . . into the land of twinkling lights and rushing lives . . . knowing He is with all, His will being done . . . and I praise God, praise God. . . !

2 comments:

Mark said...

Every day is the sabath!


I Go to church every day in this sense and am free!

God bless

Lee in TN said...

Thank you, Bro T!

These kinds of posts are some of my favorite, and remind how glorious and amazing our Lord God Almighty, our Creator and Saviour is. It is good just to be in awe...

Blessings to you! - Lee

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker