Saturday, February 7, 2015

Neutrality's End and the Fractal Bible

Hey JC . . . re "net neutrality" . . . I wrote a flippant comment the other day here which sums up my expectation: "they [will] get net neutrality in place (to destroy net neutrality)" . . . as in, obviously "they" are desperate to get better control over the Net, and as they are narcissistic psychopathic control freaks, it's only been a matter of time until they do. . . . I recall, back in the early 90s when the internet was still young, I bumped into a fellow who I knew from my music business days, whose family had CIA connections . . . and asked him what he was up to.  This was early 90s . . . and he told me he was working in an East Asian country--I don't recall which--helping them develop technology that would put a filter on the internet to keep information they wanted kept outside of their country.  Heh, I also remember we talked late into the night, brainstorming ideas, and I came up with the idea:  Wow, what if you could have this multiplayer wargame . . . where people could be on their computers playing the same game from all parts of the world . . . players could join sides, make teams and fight within the same game scenario for days on end!  I said, "you could call it 'War.'"

I never fully trusted the guy and have always wondered if he made the rounds to a little start up company called Blizzard during his shady travels (a la' "Warcraft".)  Which reminds me also--and not to go all Brian Williams on ya, lol--it was in the early-mid 80s when we lived in an apartment where I got to know the landlord's son a bit. . . . I was running a post-production film/audio studio, working on what may have been THE first all digital post-production soundtrack (music, foley, dialogue) ever done for film (I think we beat Lucasfilms) . . . which I was writing and recording the music for. . . . And anyway, the landlord kid told me about a project his dad was working on for Sony in California having to do with video games.  He said he could get me in on producing music for them if I wanted (which I considered, but didn't pursue).  I remember him telling me "yeah, they are these video games that will be like movies, where you will have a character and depending on what choices you make, the plot line will change, and they will have soundtracks and sound effects...they will be like moves where you can change the storylines as it goes." etc.  And I look back now and realize that was the early development situation of what became . . . well, modern video games, starting pretty much with Mario and the rest.

But once again, I digress, sheesh. . . . . "Net neutrality". . . . Your gut is probably telling you it's no good, and it's not.  They are selling it as something that will bring greater freedom and opportunity, and of course, it's just THE OPPOSITE, as usual with their schemes, from what they say.  It will prevent.  It will cap all the innovation and lead quickly to funneling and gatekeeping of information.  Your searches will yield less and less options and bring you just to the options "they" want you to have access to.  Think of it as "creativity, freedom & individuality" neutralization.  The gist of it will be that the more you want to know . . . the more access to info you want . . . you will end up having to pay and pay more and more as time goes on.  The "free" parts of the internet you will still have access to but it will be highly censored, gate-kept, distilled and mostly drivel and propaganda.  Some people say, "they can't ever control the internet, no way."  And I say, I knew a guy who was helping to set up the mechanisms to control it 20 some years ago and all the totalitarian countries do so now already.  Which is why I continue to collect and read books . . . and keep a p.o box.

------------------------------
Regarding spiritual pursuit . . . another sign of being lost in the weeds, woods . . . is when "experiences" ("spiritual" so-called) are more important to you than the Truth you believe.  Ponder that for a bit. . . . Keep it as a watchword.

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."  --1 John 4:1 

Where people get into trouble is when they cease checking experiences and "prophecies" and "Words" . . . against the infallible standard of scripture.

Indeed, "Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil."  --1 Thess 5

"Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming."  --Eph. 4:14

As I wrote earlier, it is the infantile stage of the Walk that is prone to chasing every "wind of teaching" and being led astray by "the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming."

I have found that the further along I get in cleaving to the Truth of the Word of God, the less and less I am intrigued, let alone captured by  . . . novel interpretations and "new revelation."  As in, not at all.

Furthermore, I find that the Scripture becomes more precious, precise, revealing, edifying, instructive . .. . and ALIVE, the more I explore and trust it.  The Bible--the Word of God--is like a fractal; the Mandelbrot Fractal, for instance.  The more you zoom in on it . . . the deeper it goes; there is no end to it.  This is a signature of God's handiwork, His infinite nature.  And the Bible is like that.  I pity those who think it is "just a book, written by men" . . . and pass over it for what they perceive are "deeper" teachings and exposés . . . missing the power and endless, clear and perfect depth of what God Himself has given us for a guide.  The Bible is like a fractal--the more you "zoom in" . . . the more is revealed, and on and on it goes, reflecting the eternal nature and character of God Himself.


No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker