Monday, October 27, 2014

The Presence Of God

I believe that was one of the most potentially helpful, important points I wrote about last post. . . .

How to progress in sanctification, Spiritual power. . . .

Sometimes it feels like shouting into the Grand Canyon . . . but then, I know looks can be deceiving...
It may be hitting home in some quarters:)

Here is an brief but powerful clip of the awesome Dr. Martyn Lloyd Jones also cutting to the crux of the matter--(I love me some MLJ--oh that we had more preachers these days of his caliber confronting the post-modern, relativistic, confused, vain and perverse culture today.....)

In my writing, I wanted to emphasize learning to discern the difference between the "presence of God" versus the presence of other (deceiving) spirits and how this makes all the difference of where one is moving to--which spiritual trajectory is "advancing". . . . But the subject is roughly the same.  Real spiritual power and growth MUST be of God, of the Spirit, otherwise it is just dabbling, side tracks, or, worse, trajectory toward the evil one.  Of all preparations to be considered and pursued in these times (as at any time) getting in . . . for real . . . with the presence of God, is what it's all about.  To know Him is to love Him.  Otherwise, it is all just corrupt emotional surfing or dry intellectualizations. . . .

God is with us,
Praise God



2 comments:

Lee in TN said...

Bro T,
Your last post was powerful and very helpful....and made me re-examine my prayer life and santification. On-going...

Many Blessings! - Lee

Lee in TN said...

Bro T,
Thanks for the Martyn Lloyd-Jones video you led me to watch. Yes, if only I had been taught like that growing up!

Here's another short sermon -

Martyn Lloyd-Jones "The Glory of God"

http://youtu.be/4zwYFf2STII

Blessings! - Lee

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker