Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cars, Bigfoot, Skinwalkers & Charlatan Joe

Rough couple of weeks. . . . Well, the world is on fire, so-to-speak . . . there's that and the sufferings of many which dwarf my own, but troubles are relative. . . . My car engine died . . . and then my wife's car also developed a sudden problem, so we've been scrambling to stay mobile, borrowing cars to keep afloat--I really can't afford to miss a day of work, yet all this takes time to figure out fixes.

With God's help (yes He is in the small things too) we are managing through it. . . .

Alexander is now up in Washington state, last I heard from him, fighting fires there in the Pacific Northwest.  He said "it smells like Christmas" . . . up there in the densely wooded mountains, the great pines in that area near the border of Canada along the coast. . . . I asked him if he had seen any signs of Bigfoot--no reply yet though I'm expecting not.  Bigfoot is quite stealthy.

As it happened, the day I texted him that question, a local talk radio show host asked callers to call in with any Bigfoot sighting stories they had.  Quite a few came in--some of the callers I recognized, and they all sounded sincere.   I believe there is indeed such a creature out there.  The Hindu scriptures speak of the demi-god "Hanuman", a "vanara" which is monkey-like humanoid who was a devotee of the purported incarnation Rama described in the Ramayana texts.  I suspect these creatures are related ("Bigfoot" and the "vanaras").  Perhaps a version of them made it on the Ark. . . . Or, I think they might be related to the Nephilim, to the giants.  Evidence of the giants, besides being listed in the Bible, has shown up in all kinds of archaeological discoveries throughout the world (suppressed by "official" "authorities") and especially throughout North and South America.  If the giants were  wiped out in the flood on planet . . . then I wonder if they didn't used high-level technology to retire to space and to other nearby planets, which is possibly why there are reports on both Mars and the Moon of ancient structures still showing there.  If angels can shape-shift . . . then so too can the fallen angels, I would assume . . . and "greys" and "fairies" and "goblins" . . . ghosts, demons, werewolves, vampires . . . and . . . "bigfoots" . . . may all be part of this deviant race in some form or fashion.  And some of them may still be using advanced technologies, such as spacecraft, as they flit in and out of the physical dimension. . . . Heh . . . just speculating, of course. . . .

Speaking of shape-shifters, I don't think Al would mind me relating a briefing the firefighting crews have received in certain places . . . about "skinwalkers".  Not the supernatural kind, although I myself suspect there would likely be "supernatural" elements also related to the kind he was briefed on . . . but yeah, they (the fire crews) got briefed on being on the wares about Native American skinwalkers who still roam the wilderness.  These are Indian shamans ("medicine men") who ritually murder animals . . . and yes, humans sometimes as part of their occultic practices . . . and then wear the skins of the victims to gain powers.  This was when he was up in the Montana area. . . . I recently did a little bit of research on all of the mysterious missing person cases that have occurred in our National Parks.  Author and researcher David Paulides is an expert on the subject and has written a book about it called "Missing 411-Western United States & Canada: Unexplained Disappearances of North Americans that have never been solved". . . . He has given some interesting (and spooky) interviews on the matter which you can find on Youtube. . . . I don't doubt that some of these strange, creepy disappearances have been at the hands of some of the Indian skinwalkers who are still roaming about the forests and wilderness. . . . 

On another tangent, sometimes (because I am such a big fan and proponent of READING . . . BOOKS! . . . ) I mention what I am reading at the time.  It drives me a little crazy, because there are soooo many books I have yet to get to, and there is only so much time to get to them.... but I press on..... I love learning.  Right now I'm about done with "Rough Stone Rolling", a seminal book (written by a Mormon scholar, Richard Lyman Bushman) about Joseph Smith and the early founding of the L.D.S. church.  He handles the material fairly evenly considering most LDS apologists tend to white-wash, obfuscate, or outright prevaricate the disturbing, shady character of Joe Smith and the early church.  It is remarkable how much Smith was in trouble with the law, with the government, with surrounding settlers . . . in his later years almost always in hiding from the courts, from sheriffs, from prosecutors . . . as sketchy financial dealings, land swindles, banking frauds were a part of the church's founding from the very beginning.  Some would say not much has changed.  Utah is considered by many as the fraud capital of the country.  And the plural wives thing--polygamy. . . . The heartache and grief that false doctrine caused so many women and some of their husbands and family members when con-man Joe showed up saying to some new prospect, "God gave me a revelation.  You are to marry me.  If you don't, yours and your family's eternal salvation is in question, and/or I might be struck down by God.  You don't want to be the one responsible for that do you?  So . . . marry me . . . and keep it a secret . . . especially from my wife Emma!"  

And that Joe was rather fond of drinking wine, along with may in the early days of the "restored gospel."  In the beginning "the church" was a "charismatic" operation.  The selling point was that if you joined "the church" you could expect the "restored" "gifts of the spirit" (speaking in tongues, healing, revelation, casting out demons etc.,) and the meetings of "the saints" were more like Holy Roller get-togethers, with all kinds of supernatural ruckus going on.  It's funny to think of that now, as LDS church meetings are the epitome of staid-ness these days, arms folded, organ playing, with all in attendance the picture of decorum (except for the usual litany of lots of fussy babies and toddlers).  There was also the promise that once the new temples were built, "Jesus will finally have a place to rest His head" . . . and that the members could expect to see God "face-to-face" in the holy buildings. . . . 

After finishing this book, I'm looking at reading Fawn Brodie's "No Man Knows My History"--a far less flattering look at charlatan Joe and the cult he created . . . and a book I found used, "Going Clear" about another con and cult leader and cult (L. Ron Hubbard/Scientology) . . . and a slew of other books on Christian (REAL Christian) church history. . . .

So . . . how's that for an eclectic grab-bag of off-handed thoughts and perusals.....
I am always interested, btw, on any stuff ya'll are reading or looking into..... Since I don't do facebook, I'm kinda outta the loop, but you can use the comment feature here to shoot me a quick message...
God bless you always.... indeed.... He does.....

3 comments:

mark Anderson said...

Exodus 33:23 and I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

"Look at it this way".When veiwing that rock if your looking at the runes your looking at the back parts.If you go to look at the other side or face there are no runic symbols and the viewer failed to follow instruction and not getting the spiritual message left on " the rock's" back parts and will die spiritually without the message left there.

So if the LDS sees gods face somethings wrong.The LDS has the wrong BOOK.

all I've seen is a rock in the woods in Oklahoma but I got the message!

Hey, you said that Utah is becoming the fraud(the lie) capital.Dose this include the LDS Church?

Linda L. said...

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/skinwalker.htm
Skinwalker sighting on Navajo Reservation. Also, a Navajo non-Christian friend of my son's told him that skinwalkers are real. Heavy demonic activity on the res. Native American Ministry CHIEF (Indians ministering to Indians) warns in a cultural sheet that Christians should not involve themselves in skinwalking.They are real.

Linda L. said...

As to what I am reading, Foxes Book of Martyrs, Pearl of China (about author Pearl Buck, daughter of Christian missionaries raised in China), and They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky: The Story of Three Lost Boys from Sudan.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker