Wednesday, June 19, 2013

And In Other News. . . . .

Our son Alexander is back from his tour of fire fighting safe and sound.  A couple days off then back into the fray.  He has brought lots of tales from the desert mountains of New Mexico--their adventures and the various cultural experiences from Taos and all the strange, otherworldly cowboy and Indian ghost towns, meth-making outbacks, militias in the hills and the new exotic fire-fighting aircraft he got to see in action. . . .

******

Meanwhile, I'm thinking a quick update on my current status in the faith--I am prompted to express, fwiw.

For one thing, since I first started writing on such matters, back around 2004-5 and then the spate of "radio" interviews following . . . not much has changed doctrinally.  I have immersed myself in study since that time, so clarification on some issues has occurred, but I pretty maintain the same opinions and p.o.v., though with different emphasis. 

I do not "have" a pastor--not that I'm against it . . . it just hasn't presented itself at this point.  We go to a church to worship--a place Isaac really likes and has finally met some people his age who are not clueless, atheist and lost deviants . . . which is great.  But I don't "belong" to a particular church.  I have never, in fact, been much of a church goer and remained leery, probably mostly due to a "poisoning of the well" via my early experiences of "Mormon" "church" . . . but I do now thoroughly enjoy getting together with other believers to praise and worship communally . . . and hear some solid (albeit a bit "milk" style) exegesis.  We had been going also what I have more called "Bible study" at another place . . . but that "teacher" has suddenly swerved into presenting tired and worn-out old heresies (as if they were new ideas) . . . and so, sadly, we must take our leave of there. . . .

I am interested in a systematic, fairly literal reading of scripture with, what I understand as the classical biblical reading--what the early Church taught and what has been presented here and there through the centuries, in contrast to the ongoing many man-centered cultish teaching that have continued to spring up.  From my in depth studies, what is commonly known as the "Reformed" view is what I find most correct.  I believe in an eternal Hell, election, 6 day Creation, "young earth" and all the "miracles" recorded in the Word.

I think abortion is one of the greatest evils and tangible horrors of the day.  In general, I support and applaud Christians who are prompted and led to protest politically and publicly against the state sanctioned murder of babies.  I See that God uses people in all kinds of capacities in this world to effect His will . . . and that includes when and where He inspired people to "get involved" with political issues, governance, public policies etc.  It is not for me . . . at least at this time . . . but it may be in the future, as He directs, and I think it is quite fine for those who do NOT want to get involved and spend their time in other ways furthering the Kingdom AS WELL AS those who DO "get involved" . . . even to the point of being activists, as I believe God uses each, according to their temperaments, talents, inspiration etc.

I have noticed that since I turned my own focus on matters more specifically Biblically related, I'm probably not a "popular" as I once was, and a few who supported me before have dropped off . . . but that's ok.  I also go where He leads, and for me, this has been into a deeper, more thorough study and understanding and exposition of doctrine, theology. . . . As far as the crazy events going on in the world, I feel like I pretty much have already said what needs to be said, predicted a lot of exactly what is going on now . . . and have clearly stated for quite a while where I see it all going.  So, why repeat myself in that area, except for the occasional observations and commentary along the way.

Truly, I find that immersion into the things of the Lord is the best anyhow to deal with and prepare for . . . the socio-political machinations . . . of the devil, HIS kingdom, the fallen and all the absurd evil garbage that surrounds us at this point.

I have also found, that as I have gotten more securely and literally in The Word . . . although my language and expressing of such ideas and experiences has seemed more "traditional" and staid, so-to-speak . . . (as in, it would appear my more "mystical" tendencies and depictors have diminished) . .. . in fact, I have never observed, understood nor experienced such deep, mysterious, profound "mystical" heights as I do now.  A problem is, they are SO subtle . . . and personal . . . that it is very difficult to share in words.  And what I find is that, the words and concepts and teaching related in the Bible, in their most basic, obvious examples . . . do the best job of expressing it . . . so that is what I have been using.  To the unregenerate mind, it likely appears that I'm just regurgitating typical "fundy" "bible-thumping" rhetoric, but I suspect that those with the eyes to see and ears to hear are tracking right along with me, as we each continue to progress in the "Walk" of "sanctification".

I am ever more astounded and grateful . . . to be experiencing the grace and mercy of the Lord as He brings me back into His fold, cleans my up, and regenerates my mind, heart, soul. . . .

The further I go on . . . the more I see how much I need Him!  I get more broken, humbled, submitted, crushed, dependent etc., on Him . . . while at the same time experiencing greater confidence, strength, purity, clarity, fearlessness, love. . . .

My blog looks the same as when it started, having forsaken new bells and whistles, preferring the plain template; mostly just words on a page.  Nothing against bells and whistles, but I find the longer I keep it simple and sparse, the more it perhaps stands out in an old, quant, comfortable way.  As well, I have not added the various advertising and promotional gadgets that most blogs now use to get and profit from traffic, and probably suffer for it, but oh well.  So it goes, at least for now and as far as I can see.

Hey, I think I'll mention what I am taking as a message of warning that came to me night before last.  I have not had such a dream, if dream it be, in quite a while.  It was stark, intense and blunt.  Basically, I was shown/told . . . that in about a year to a year and a half . . . there was finally going to be the big "crash"/other-shoe-dropping . . . we have been expecting.  It showed me that things were indeed going to get very suddenly disastrous, primarily it seemed, economically.  The message was . . . to be ready, as far as possible, to survive in a totally different way as the normal means and ways of trade, work, etc. were going to change and suddenly.  In the dream it was urged that, if I were smart, I would immediately be saving up some provision for that moment, as work, as it has been, would no longer be.  I hesitate to mention this, but have decided, fwiw, to share it.  I'm not saying it's a "thus sayeth the Lord" of course . . . but it had a different quality and intensity and prompting sense than anything I've had in a while.  I am tending to expect it to come about as shown.  Although, materially, there really isn't much I can do to prepare as I am already just getting by without anything "extra" to put away.  Foremost, I think being prepared, solid psychologically, emotionally, and above all spiritually . . . is the best preparation and learning to trust completely in His providence.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it . . . .

God bless and take care,
brother, thomas

2 comments:

Lee in TN said...

Bro T,
SO glad to hear Al made it through all his firefighting work OK! Been praying on that for awhile...

And I thank you for your emphasis on deeper Biblical Truths and expressions of faith and Spirit. And for pointing out how easily 'good believers' can be led astray down certain man-made wishful thinking tales.

And yes, I do appreciate as well the sharing of your vision of the (overdue) economic collapse coming soon...

Blessings to you, your family, ministry & music leadings, and your provision!

Lee

Linda L. said...

Simple can be good. Your blog leaves the main focus to be on your writings, and no side distractions. Your music is not a distraction. Just don't let it get turned on automatically and blast the visitor's ears as soon as they visit your page. I so hate that! Not good if a person is at work on the net and visiting a page with such settings.

Glad Alexander made it back safe from his firefighting.

Yes, God's message should be the main focus and He is the only answer for all the problems of the world. I think that the second law Jesus summarized is important, too: "Love thy neighbor as thy self." This can be done in many different ways and still give the gospel message of Jesus. God gives people different gifts and callings and not everyone is called to do the same thing. Sometimes I forget that.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker