Thursday, January 10, 2013

He First Shows The Situation....

There is more that I want to relate shown to me progressively since I made that entreaty to the Lord to get in full that "heart for the lost" that must be within every Believer . . . .

It wasn't what I somewhat expected, as it has gone . . . . As in, my heart did not suddenly and miraculously change to a burning, yearning emotion to save the lost . . . . What He has shown me has been other things . . . where the ramifications are leading to that special missionary heart . . . .

First . . . He began revealing the seriousness of sin . . . my own and others' . . . . The seriousness of the situation . . . and how it is so glossed over by the spiritual interests of darkness . . . . The way the world is designed to obfuscate our dire condition . . . . Which is so evident in the casual and smug attitude nearly everyone has about their own general "worthiness" . . . . "Yeah, I think I'm a pretty good person . . . . I mean, everybody sins (ie., lies, cheats, steals, lusts) . . . . What's the big deal?  I'm only human . . . . "

Indeed . . . everyone does . . . . And that is the problem and the Biblical description of this scene . . . .

More . . . in a bit . . . .
God bless you and thank you for your kind spiritual comradery  . . . always!

_________________
"Everywhere you travel across this world, you will find people driven to exalt themselves, some in a blatant manner and some in subtle ways, but all somehow driven to be recognized and known. But in John 13, we see the exact opposite happening. The One who, above all else, should be exalted, here is stooping low. And not low before powerful kings and rulers, but before ordinary men—His own disciples—men rough around the edges, feet worn and dusty from days of travel. All for one reason: “I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you” (John 13:15, emphasis mine)."

"Jesus said the heart is where the treasures are kept. So what can we say about many evangelical Christians? Getting into debt for cars, homes and furnishings that probably are not needed and sacrificing family, church and health for corporate promotions and career advancement–I believe all this is deception, engineered by the god of this world to ensnare and destroy effective Christians and to keep them from sharing the Gospel with those who need"

kpYohannan

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker