Sunday, December 30, 2012

Zealous To Be Salt & Light

 “When I look at the World I am distressed and when I look within myself I am depressed. Only when I look at Christ I am at Rest." 

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”

“Trying to do the Lord's work in your own strength is the most confusing, exhausting, and tedious of all work. But when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, then the ministry of Jesus just flows out of you.”   Corrie ten Boom, Dutch Believer, survivor of a Nazi prison camp.

************************************************************

I hesitate to relate the specific Evangelists, Pastors, missionaries etc. that I have heard giving testimony of the miracles they have seen, performed or been a part of . . . because I know that a quick search on the Internet can yield vicious critiques and negative reports on virtually any person named . . . . I mean, good grief, google Jesus and all kinds of blasphemous, defamatory, vitriolic opinions and charges will show up . . . .

But I can tell you this.  I am myself very cautious in believing reports from men or women.  I know there are a lot of charlatans and false prophets running about making claims.  I am also wary of those who casually and willy-nilly assert the "Holy Ghost told me this, showed me that . . . God said ______ to me . . . " . . . as I know that fallen self is a great deceiver, as is the heart and "feelings" . . . and demons and the devil himself can appear as an "angel of light" . . . and there is a supernatural realm of magic "powers" . . . meant to deceive . . . . So that, just because we hear tales of healings and the blind seeing and the lame . . . does not necessarily mean the activity is of God . . . .

I do not want to be deceived.  I don't want false hope or to be pretending and imagining the works of the Holy Spirit.  I want what is true, real, anointed and pleasing to the Lord--not to be entertained with fantastic tales offered by wolves in sheeps' clothing.

I test things . . . study . . . pray . . . look to the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth to confirm to me, combined with--nay, resting on--the foundational rule of the Word of God . . . to give me confidence in the veracity of the speaker . . . .

Anyway, a couple of days ago, in the early morn I had been telling my wife my recent thoughts and impressions on the power of the Spirit in these days, and of the stories I had heard from different quarters . . . and then, full of such thoughts and spirit I left for work . . . turned on the Christian radio station and the preacher was giving a sermon on the very exact topic.  He was repeating word for word in some cases things I had said or heard . . . addressing some of the doubts and relating his own experiences . . . . I took it as an instant confirmation.  Later that same day, several other of the different radio programs and pastors also happened to be addressing the exact subject, again sharing their own testimonies and witnessed events--pastors I trust.   More confirmation . . . .

Andrew Wommack, who both my wife and I like to watch in the early morning on our Christian cable station . . . that same week talked about at least 58 instances he knew of where the dead had been brought back . . . and other miraculous healings. I have heard the testimony of several missionaries from China speak about the incredible Holy Spirit revival underway there (where it is reported that up to 30,000 people a day are turning to Christ!) . . . where, whole villages were getting converted upon seeing certain healings and raising of the dead . . . . Randy Cark, Rex Burgher, Dennis Balcombe . . . were some of the names involved if I remember correctly . . . . There are quite a few reports coming out of the Darfur region in the Sudan via the "Lost Boys of Sudan" which I have heard and believed . . . amidst the terrible violence being waged against the Christians there by the Muslims . . . miraculous escapes, healings, protection . . . . I have heard personally from some who have gone to Africa and been a part of such things . . . Reinhard Bonkke I have heard interviewed describing many such events, miracles . . . . Bree Keyton's tales are quite incredible, but listening to her, I have not yet found reason to doubt or question that she is lying.  She is obviously there and the videos show that she indeed among the Pygmies . . . and one can witness the Pygmy chiefs proclaiming conversion and discipleship under Jesus . . . . She recounts more than a few amazing instances of bringing back the dead, whole villages witnessing it and converting, plus other adventures in being protected from the Satanic and violent militant gangs there in the jungle who hate her . . . bullets being stopped in mid-air . . . snakes and weather being stopped through the power of Holy Spirit . . . . Similar things are going on in Eastern Europe, in old communist strongholds . . . . I have heard Dr. Michael Brown on his radio show tell of many miraculous healings and events that occurred on his mission trips to India . . . and have heard some the Indian pastors in their broken English tell of them as well--all were clearly sincere . . . .
And this is just a handful of the reports I have followed and believe . . .
having listened to hours and hours of these interviews and reports . . . and researched the facts of the various missions involved . . . .

This, combined with what the Word tells me to expect . . . and what the Spirit is showing me . . . convinces me that these things are indeed happening.  AND, that we are to be audacious in searching out and claiming the power of God . . . !

We are to be Spirit-filled agents of the Lord Jesus Christ!
We are a holy people . . . called to be light and salt for a fallen world!
We are being led to ask for a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit!  To be zealous . . . in manifesting His healing, blessing, comforting, correcting, uplifting power!
"As the Father sent Jesus, He's sending me to be a Spirit-filled servant of the Lord and His power!"

And we need not be shy about it.  We are not to think, "Oh, I am not worthy . . . . I am broken . . . I have parts of me yet sinning; I don't warrant His power working through me . . . . "

Exactly!  We are not worthy!  Jesus is!  THAT is Who works the power through us, through our brokenness.  In our weakness He is shown strong!  We DON'T warrant His power working through us . . . . He GIVES it to us freely, through His wondrous grace!  A gift! 

A well loved and renowned faith healer preacher at the turn of the 20th Century . . . was often sick--gall stones, failing eyesight . . . arthritis . . . . He said that when he was sickest . . . the power of the Holy Ghost was at His most powerful . . . .

I have more to say on this . . . .
God bless you

3 comments:

Linda L. said...

I'm glad that you are testing the spirits of these miracle workers to see if it is of the Holy Spirit or not. I was looking at some of Bree Keyton's other videos on her site, too, and I think she is genuine of God. I don't think a person should be caught up in just looking for miracles, but hearing testimonies of God's miraculous works in these times is encouraging when all around a person seems dead spiritually. I think we need to hear about or read more of God's servants in this present age. Some churches teach that the miracles of the Holy Spirit are no longer needed since Jesus came to earth, died and was resurrected. But he said that greater works than what he did, his followers would do.

In Search of The Great Physician said...

"And we need not be shy about it. We are not to think, "Oh, I am not worthy . . . . I am broken . . . I have parts of me yet sinning; I don't warrant His power working through me . . . . "

Exactly! We are not worthy! Jesus is! THAT is Who works the power through us, through our brokenness. In our weakness He is shown strong! We DON'T warrant His power working through us . . . . He GIVES it to us freely, through His wondrous grace! A gift! "

May we have a double portion of that gift according to His will, if it can be so.

Mark said...

Psalm 61:2

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker