Friday, December 28, 2012

My Friend & Response

My Friend
 
My friend, I stand in judgment now
And feel that you’re to blame somehow
While on this earth I walked with you day by day
And never did you point the way
You knew the Lord in truth and glory
But never did you tell the story
My knowledge then was very dim
You could have led me safe to him
Though we lived together here on earth
You never told me of your second birth
And now I stand this day condemned
Because you failed to mention him
You taught me many things, that’s true
I called you friend and trusted you
But now I learned, now it’s too late
You could have kept me from this fate
We walked by day and talked by night
And yet you showed me not the light
You let me live, love and die
And all the while you knew I’d never live on high
Yes, I called you friend in life
And trusted you in joy and strife
Yet in coming to this end
I see you really weren’t my friend
(author unknown)
 
THE FRIEND'S RESPONSE

My friend, you stand in the judgment now
Knowing you've yourself to blame for how
You've come there by the great broad way,
Never having listened to anything I say.

Whenever I would tell the story
Of the Lord in all His truth and glory,
Your eyesight became oh so dim --
And you didn't want to hear of Him.

I wanted, while we were on the earth,
To tell you of the second birth;
But now you stand there, self-condemned,
Your still proud heart as yet uncleansed.

Oh we discussed some things, that's true,
Like evolution; but you'll rue
Those arguments you gave so fast,
To keep from facing up at last.

We walked and talked by night and dawn --
'Bout most anything you would go on.
Except when it came to things on high,
You'd rather just live, let live, and die.

Yes, I called you "friend" in life,
And tried to teach you joy through strife,
But now, on coming to the end,
I'll have to say, "Goodbye, my friend".

 (Cleve Bishop)                                       
 
_______________________________________
 
 “For whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” (Mark 8:38)
 
  "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."
(2 Cor. 4:3-4)
 

No comments:

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker