Friday, March 23, 2012

A Mighty, Holy, Light Shield and Lance . . . .

Sometimes . . . the darkness surrounds . . . . There is an opening in your armor, and the enemy rushes in to pierce . . . . Or the harrying of the ghoulish unseen putting stumbling blocks in your path . . . . Or a misunderstanding with a friend becomes complicated, gets worse, bringing sadness . . . . A foolish mistake--an act done impetuously, unthinking but now with dire consequences which must be faced . . . .

Whatever . . . . A most powerful way to dispel the darkness and scatter the enemy . . . is to turn to praise and thanksgiving--worship and gratitude.  On the spiritual battlefield, which is the real and only battlefield preceding all other battlefields, this acts like a mighty Light shield and lance.  The thanks and praise . . . blinds the enemy, hurts their "senses"--is painful like fire, and blocks their further advances and jabs them like the Holy Name pierces them through--they want to flee from such a place where gratitude and worship of God are making a stand . . . .

Hurry and take the mind off of the errors, and away from stewing on the problem or attack . . . and recall all those things to be thankful for.  Even in the most difficult of situations, there are so many things to be grateful for, provided by the Lord.  And then praise Him for all--the joy and the pain, the good times and the suffering--for ALL OF IT works to the good for those who love Him!  How profound and wonderful is that?! 



The devil must flee when a worshipful heart and a praising spirit comes into your soul--this he cannot tolerate, for he covets that praise . . . and nothing defeats him quicker in a dark moment than when you shift from feeling sorrow for yourself . . . to feeling TRULY and sincerely thankful FOR EVERYTHING and, in recognizing and believing that EVERYTHING is sovereignly designed by the Father, you want to worship Him, like the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders falling on their faces at the throne--nothing is more obvious and compelling . . . than the desire, the pleasure . . . to give thanks and praise to the Creator of the Universe . . . knowing that you were created for His pleasure!

Are you one who felt a jab in that?  Are you someone who . . . recoils slightly within . . . when you hear that you were created for God's pleasure . . . instead of He for yours?  THAT is the devil.

The follower of Christ turns away from that rebellious recoil . . . and presses more intently . . . to find those thing to be thankful for and to unleash the spirit of worship within, happy to be submitted.

Anytime you feel the powers of darkness needling into your space, your soul . . . DISPEL them with an instant dash of praise and thanksgiving, and at once, you are aligning with God's will and ultimate purpose for your destiny.  This is mighty powerful--a holy weapon, capable of slaying whole battalions of the attacking dead who would pull you to the grave . . . .

Amen, Hallelujah!




-----------------------------------------
  Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting . . . 
  Oh let those who  fear the LORD say,
“His lovingkindness is everlasting.”
  From my distress I called upon  the LORD;
 The LORD answered me and set me in a large place.
 The LORD is for me; I will not fear;
What can man do to me?

  The LORD is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.
  It is better to take refuge in the LORD
Than to trust in man.

  It is better to take refuge in the LORD
Than to trust in princes.

 You pushed me violently so that I  was falling,
But the LORD helped me.
  The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.

  The sound of joyful shouting and salvation is in the tents of the righteous;
The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
 The right hand of the LORD is exalted;
The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
  I will not die, but live,
And tell of the works of  the LORD.

  The LORD has disciplined me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.
 Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I shall enter through them, I shall give thanks to  the LORD.
 This is the gate of the LORD;
The righteous will enter through it.

  This is the LORD’S doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
  This is the day which the LORD has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
 
  You are my God, and I give thanks to You;
You are my God, I extol You.
  Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.        

Psalm 118 (portions)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Amen! He is so good!

Mark said...

He is my "rock and my "fortress"

Brother Thomas ©2015

MySpace Tracker