Sunday, October 23, 2011

Check Out

Ahhh, Sunday morn . . . coffee and Lakota Ann and Living The Circle of Life on KRCL, our local community radio station.  It's become a tradition of mine to catch a bit of her radio show which features all Native American music.  And it helps keep me in the mood and ambiance as I continue writing my book about a certain paleo-Indian character and tribe . . . tentatively called the Blue Moon Wolf People . . . . Anyway, it's a sweet, innocent and guileless show which is worth a listen if you are ever able, when it's on 7 to 10 am Mountain Standard Time.
http://www.krcl.org/living-the-cirlce-of-life/

After that is the long running "Sagebrush Serenade" which is also a nice break from the usual commercial garbage . . . which showcases some amazing bluegrass and folk music . . . .
http://www.krcl.org/sunday-sagebrush-sernade/

-------------------------------
What a last few days, starting Friday! . . . . I am just about to leave the hotel, head home . . . up here in Layton, where I've been with Isaac for the past two days/nights.  There is a conference which happens once a year Isaac looks forwards to for months . . . saves his money, pays for our room, and I chaperon him while he attends.  The timing couldn't be worse right now, with everything I am trying to deal with and stay atop of--the big scramble times a million--but he plans and dreams and talks about it for months . . . and his life is pretty dull and tedious for the most part, so . . . well, gotta do it . . . .
I did make good use of the time, while he is wandering about the conference, attending the panels and contests etc., where I was able to focus on continued research and writing on my book project....

In the midst of this, I did a show with Zeph yesterday, and I think it was probably one of the most . . .  unusual? . . . far reaching? . . . hah, some would say "imaginative" . . . that we've ever done. 
But time is short, and in these oppressive days, I felt like . . . and God encouraged that . . . we remember some of the WHY to it all . . . .  WHY it's worth the fight, the struggle, the persecution, the oppression etc.  (An unbeliever right here would say, 'what fight?  what struggle?  what persecution?'  .. . because they do NOT experience being AT TOTAL ODDS WITH THIS FALLEN DEMONIC CULTURE AND WORLD!
And, I know the legalists and certain gatekeeper types . . . will be quick to condemn what I talked about .... But myself, I can't stand those who suck the life and the joy and adventure and the wonder out of THE GOSPEL and it's broader ramifications . . . . I am well aware of the "Christian" pundits who scold and squash what they see as the dangers of talking in terms of "spirituality" . . . "personal experience" . . . "subjective revelation" . . . "mysticism" . . . "feelings" . . . etc. versus THEIR version of truth which is just a clinical, dry, barely intellectual, colorless, flavorless formula whereby ALL must be fit into some so-called "objective" recognition of the fact that . . . Jesus died for our sins.

I understand their fears of speculation, and agree that novelty and speculation and subjectivity UNTETHERED to the rod of Truth . . . is bound to lead to fallacies . . . . But, I think that for the most part, these are secretly control freaks  who want THEMSELVES to design and describe the "proper" and "authorized" approach to God and Jesus and the Word . . . .

Darn . . . I can hear the maids . . . the trilling and rolling Spanish approaching amidst vaccums and roller carts . . .  coming down  the hall . . . to clean room . . . time for checkout and gotta clean up and get outta here . . . .

God bless you one and all,
to be continued . . . .

4 comments:

ROGER said...

Hello Brother Thomas,

I enjoyed what you and Zeph had to share with us yesterday. Great prophetic warnings!! I have a video available for the YouTubers to listen too also. All-in-all, most YouTubers are receptive to what you have to share with them.

Thank you for everything that you teach us and for giving us the hope to hang-on in order to endure to the end...

C said...

My kids are the same about one that happens in L.A. every year of the same theme. We've been attending ours so long that my kids have a different costume for every day of the convention. Those conventions are fun, and the kids for the most part are good kids. There can be such a family-like atmosphere between those fans. We liked it better than Disneyland when we first started. Now I tend to hang in the hotel while they all go to the convention. I'm not much into the theme anymore, but I like their excitement and joy. Glad you guys had a good trip. Can't wait to hear the Zeph show!

smalls said...

God Bless.

Linda L. said...

I've been trying to listen to that Lakota Ann radio show for awhile. Finally was able to get the live stream working using the VLC player. Listening to it now. I like the more traditional Indian style music. Sounds really neat.

Brother Thomas ©2013

MySpace Tracker